Thanos Logic~ a budding theory from an MCU fan

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
If 3% of the population drops dead in a year, civilization collapses.
Yep, definitely a big problem. It did happen in the MCU, but it wasn't just as emphasized as it should have been. We saw glimpses and pieces in Endgame of how it went to shit. It is believable though how much Earth was able to recover in five years. They have superheroes after all.
But fighting a war over resources you already have just laying around is dumb.
It is not limited to physical resources. There are lots of techs that can be stolen, and integrated into one's own civilization. Heck, He Who Remains is technically kidnapping brainwashed people as part of his human resource! I don't simply mean using resources in abundance, but also the rarity. Who knows? A dodo bird might actually have genes so special it can unlock longevity~ it's just an example, but that's the idea exactly. For one, we never knew what happened in Kang's main timeline. The Kang in quantumania seemed to have a pirate lifestyle with his ship that is able to cross into the multiverse!
Another way to exploit a time machine is to kidnap Einstein from the past so that maybe we can use his brilliant brain in the future to create more breakthroughs for us! That's another way to look at 'resurrection' I think...

Side note, I hate Tony's solution. 5 years later bring everyone back?
I think it wasn't a solution but more like a remedy. Stark cannot really just magically puff and invent stuff on a whim. I powerfully agree with the consequences though of bringing people back while the world is in ruin thanks to the effects of the blip.
Thanos didn't help the universe by halving the population.
I just want to clarify what I meant by wanting 'peace' for the universe, we all know, the eggplant alien is a big egoist. The interpretation can get murky as a single picture could be described with a thousand words. We could all agree though that Thanos did what he did, because of an ideal. We don't need to expound on this ideal. But the MCU fandom does always remind us, even if we don't want to, that Phase 5 Kang Dynasty is coming.

My theory and thoughts exactly are that if Thanos succeeded, and with no interference, the branching of the Sacred Timeline would never happen thus the 'peace' of the universe getting preserved. No Loki being pushed on the TVA, No Avengers to play with taboo tech, and No special organization even imagining the possibilities of time travel with the lack of resources and the civilization collapsing in front of them.

Tony was just fuckin evil.
That's a nice take.

He has the chance to rewrite the laws of reality and can't come up with a way that ensures that resources won't run out? Or that ensure population growth automatically adjusts top the available resources?
You aren't exactly suggesting Thanos create Heaven? Are you not? A paradise or something? Hmmm... That got me thinking really hard... We peg Thanos as the dumb villain for all of the shit he pulled. Who can blame us, he is literally a tyrant hunting for magic stones in order to fulfill his grand mission of saving the universe. No matter how the movies make it sound epic, I still think of this as funny as fuck. Thanos lacked an emotional journey for us to see, and I think that's what the MCU's phase 5 is going to fix by using Kang as often as they can. There are so many Kangs already in Quantumania's post-ending... Yep, that's a movie spoiler... sorry about that...

aattss

I just took everything as a metaphor and applied my suspension of disbelief.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
The solution to the problem was simple.
1. Tony hires team of lawyers.
2. Team of lawyers write most detailed contract ever called "wish contract"
3. Carefully define how time rolls back, but everyone born since the snap survives.
4. Carefully define how you become the most powerful being in the universe with all the infinity stones imbeded in your hand and how snapping never causes you any problems.
5. Get stones.
6. Snap fingers wishing the wish contract is fulfilled exactly as written.
7. ...
8. Profit.

Echimera

Side note, I hate Tony's solution. 5 years later bring everyone back?
The thing I'll have to object to is that it's not Tony's solution, it's Strange's.
Unless they give us some indication that this solutionm prevented something even worse, I just can't see how this was supposedly the only solution that works.
One more thing, sooner or later people are gonna hear how and why. Every space going civilization is going to band together and scour the universe for that glove.
It's not the glove, it's the stones. And the stones are gone, the original set was destroyed at the start of the movie, the others were returned by Cap.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
The solution to the problem was simple.
1. Tony hires team of lawyers.
2. Team of lawyers write most detailed contract ever called "wish contract"
3. Carefully define how time rolls back, but everyone born since the snap survives.
4. Carefully define how you become the most powerful being in the universe with all the infinity stones imbeded in your hand and how snapping never causes you any problems.
5. Get stones.
6. Snap fingers wishing the wish contract is fulfilled exactly as written.
7. ...
8. Profit.
It is so funny and so logical at the same time. I love it. I bet the lawyers doing this job would be doing it very seriously, but still doubts whether it really means anything.
Lawyer 1: So you want us to write a 'wish contract' that would have no loophole of any sort? The 'wish' would be so perfectly defined, god would find no loophole to it... So, you say... the fate of the universe relies on this? Uuumm... Is this really urgent... My daughter's birthday is this Saturday... Joe's son was on Sunday though. Maybe we can combine those birthday parties, huh?
Tony: Sure, just chill. Me and my pals can just travel back in time the next week later.. I would still need the contract though...
Lawyer 2: Uuummm... Mr. Stark. In the flow chart you prepared, in the 'Get the Stones' part, do you mean for us lawyers to do it or you have other professionals in your pay roll?
Tony: No, we'll be fine. We have volunteers.

Captain America: Hey, I am still waiting for my pension. Tony, you don't mind giving me a buck?

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
It is so funny and so logical at the same time. I love it.
I DMed for about... 20 years? The players got increasingly specific about crap, so eventually I just called it a skill roll. Then wizards either high knowledge: nobility and law would roll for the DC depending on the complexity.