The Adventures of Diggix game....

Yes or No?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GlenWald

So I've began development on a game based on my novel The Adventures of Diggix last year but I've stopped development to focus more on writing, because let's face it I've got so much to learn about the English language how can I sell a story through a game if it's no good to start with? In my personal opinion the concept of my story centered around this little robot is great (yes yes I have to say that because why not? Show me an author who believes the concepts of their stories are not great??) but I know the content, grammar, language, dialogue and everything else associated to the written language is terrible. Anyway, I digress. Doing animations in Blender and playing around in the Unreal Engine has increased my knowledge of those programs and brough me back thinking about this game, It is far from finished, though the work I've put into it took about three months. I was wondering whether or not the game was worth finishing and that whether or not anyone would be interested in playing it.

To give an idea what the premise and some mechanics of the game would be I'll elaborate a bit on the ideas I had.

So the story and premise is based on the above novel that I've shamelessly linked to, which in turn is a sort of a prelude to Fables of the Void. It follows the story of Diggix(Who would have guessed?) on a journey of self-enlightenment and full sentience. The game would focus heavily on Diggix exploring the forest around a dark and gloomy Citadel where the Evil Overlord of the Galaxy resides, to find answers to a mysterious and magical power called The Nihil. Needless to say the secrets he unearths are written in the shameless self-advertised link I've added at the top. So the secrets are all inscribed on ruined pieces of a lost temple built on the world and with every piece he collects he becomes more and more sentient. It's a very simple story line but it helps understand the main novel better. Some of the mechanics that I've thought to include include fighting against beats in the forest, have the ability to spawn as a completely new robot that can venture back into the forest and find your old body and revive it as a drone that can follow you around to help you fight against the creatures. And well, that's all I've got. I've included links to Youtube videos with some very armature footage(Yes I just said that.) of how the game looks so far. Take a look at it, tell me what you think. Leave a comment, however harsh it may be, I would love to know if this is something anyone would be interested in playing. And yes, if I do decide to finish it I might only make it available to subs to my big P page.. (Not going to shamelessly market that. If you want to find that, it is easy.. Just go to the big P site and search for Fables of the Void.. or access it through my profile.)

Just for good measure I've added a poll so it can be easy to see if I should continue with development or not. :)

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
So I've began development on a game based on my novel The Adventures of Diggix last year but I've stopped development to focus more on writing, because let's face it I've got so much to learn about the English language how can I sell a story through a game if it's no good to start with? In my personal opinion the concept of my story centered around this little robot is great (yes yes I have to say that because why not? Show me an author who believes the concepts of their stories are not great??) but I know the content, grammar, language, dialogue and everything else associated to the written language is terrible. Anyway, I digress. Doing animations in Blender and playing around in the Unreal Engine has increased my knowledge of those programs and brough me back thinking about this game, It is far from finished, though the work I've put into it took about three months. I was wondering whether or not the game was worth finishing and that whether or not anyone would be interested in playing it.

To give an idea what the premise and some mechanics of the game would be I'll elaborate a bit on the ideas I had.

So the story and premise is based on the above novel that I've shamelessly linked to, which in turn is a sort of a prelude to Fables of the Void. It follows the story of Diggix(Who would have guessed?) on a journey of self-enlightenment and full sentience. The game would focus heavily on Diggix exploring the forest around a dark and gloomy Citadel where the Evil Overlord of the Galaxy resides, to find answers to a mysterious and magical power called The Nihil. Needless to say the secrets he unearths are written in the shameless self-advertised link I've added at the top. So the secrets are all inscribed on ruined pieces of a lost temple built on the world and with every piece he collects he becomes more and more sentient. It's a very simple story line but it helps understand the main novel better. Some of the mechanics that I've thought to include include fighting against beats in the forest, have the ability to spawn as a completely new robot that can venture back into the forest and find your old body and revive it as a drone that can follow you around to help you fight against the creatures. And well, that's all I've got. I've included links to Youtube videos with some very armature footage(Yes I just said that.) of how the game looks so far. Take a look at it, tell me what you think. Leave a comment, however harsh it may be, I would love to know if this is something anyone would be interested in playing. And yes, if I do decide to finish it I might only make it available to subs to my big P page.. (Not going to shamelessly market that. If you want to find that, it is easy.. Just go to the big P site and search for Fables of the Void.. or access it through my profile.)

Just for good measure I've added a poll so it can be easy to see if I should continue with development or not. :)

Impressive—:blob_aww: