The camel's back

Well, do you?

• Total voters

doravg

136/4001 (finally counted the stories)
I am updating 7 stories right now, and I am beginning to feel like the owner of a salad bar. The problem? My readers have only so much time in the day to read...and I still have more stockpiled novels that need posting.

Just Dora things.

I hope that the new job will slow me down. Or that I will start writing longer projects. One of those things.

Do you have the same problem?

doravg

I wish I had the same problem... :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:
I know I should love all my stories equally, but once they are finished, the journey for me is over, and I am like:

I want for my latest project to be just as loved!

And if that doesn't happen, the project gets tough. Actually, I am writing just one project right now. The rest are complete.

Indicterra

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed 🎶
Quite the opposite actually, I can't even fill one chapter cause I have this block regarding a power system of mc

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I am updating 7 stories right now, and I am beginning to feel like the owner of a salad bar. The problem? My readers have only so much time in the day to read...and I still have more stockpiled novels that need posting.

Just Dora things.

I hope that the new job will slow me down. Or that I will start writing longer projects. One of those things.

Do you have the same problem?
No i suffer from chronic laziness due to my switch from weed to alcohol so my stories have been on pause for quite some time. I WISH i had your problems, mate. I'd be unstoppable. Phenomenal cosmic power, at the very tips of my fingers. Yet i cant be assed to reach for it.

A tragedy

doravg

No i suffer from chronic laziness due to my switch from weed to alcohol so my stories have been on pause for quite some time. I WISH i had your problems, mate. I'd be unstoppable. Phenomenal cosmic power, at the very tips of my fingers. Yet i cant be assed to reach for it.

A tragedy
You can go from alcohol to writing.

Writing is the only drug I use these days. I don't drink coffee anymore, don't eat sugar. Never drank alcohol or smoked to begin with. Weed is something I don't even want to try.

But your life is your own. Just a suggestion.

Graceful_Ghost

Are you okay? Won't you get burn out soon? Stay healthy, doravg.
tumblr_a6f84f700ec42efde10421a59cc39880_d31337dc_250.gif

doravg

Are you okay? Won't you get burn out soon? Stay healthy, doravg.
View attachment 27584
I will be slowing down because tomorrow is my first day of work. Who knows, maybe that was the secret to writing long novels all along. :D

Happy writing to you, and have a sunny day!

(Unless you like the rain, in which case I wish you the gentle tap, tap, tap of raindrops on your window.)

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
I think it depends on the amount of triviality in your novel. If you're writing a simple SoL or an overpowered system user, you can probably get away with writing 3+ stories at a time because there's not much thinking to be had plot-wise or character-wise.

However, for authors writing historical fiction or Sci-fi novels with different races and languages, essentially elaborate worlds, that would require a keener focus. These are the "longer projects" you mentioned and trust me, the proper novel will hold the bulk of your time.

But from your statement above, if you're continuing a completed story, that would make them After Story sequences, which is a choice by the author and not needed for the novel to finish.