The Idiocy of Webnovel.com

Kenjona

I'm a hard-scramble author trying to find fertile reading ground. Do you mind if I ask what your favorite site is?
Scribble hub and Royal Road are my prime areas. Both are just easy enough to navigate, and there is less confusion with Tags and the way the other websites handle search's. Fanfiction is another I will look around in every so often, but kind of hard to navigate. Wattpad tag system just plain sucks. Webnovel is not much better, but is better than Wattpad. A few others out there, but I kind of moved into Here and Royal Road semi-permanently for now.

D

Deleted member 61829

I am not sure if other people post on that website but, I just started today and my goodness. While I would not go as far as to deem it as 'sexist' there are some weird design choices that make zero sense. For one, despite putting zero romance tags on my story with a female lead, it automatically gets marked as a romance. And funnily enough, if you tweaked it and selected male lead, then who would have guessed, it literally loses that tag. Oh and male leads have like 5 more genres to choose from.

Why is this a thing?
Ugh, Web Novel is the WORST. I posted my first ever book on their a few years ago, and then the next morning when I searched it it had been uploaded to six different websites. NEVER AGAIN. I'm not surprised that they would do something like that.

chat_bot

Does anyone here lost access to their novel on Webnovel after a long period of inactivity/logging out while you can log in normally?

Not being able to delete your series is actually a huge red flag, too