The most bat-shit crazy premise you can imagine

SailusGebel

Speaking of, this is the second dumbest.

Shrimp_eater

A story that depicts the daily life of an old man who spends his entire days in the park feeding pigeons.

A place where you are able to live free from judgement, and enjoy your life. It's a utopian place where people are actually kind to one another, and respect people's beliefs. A place without wars and stuff.

That is the most bat-shit crazy premise I can imagine, but if you want normal stuff just talk about any kind of oddity or suffering.
Isn't that more or less the premise of Brave New World?

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
A story that depicts the daily life of an old man who spends his entire days in the park feeding pigeons.

Isn't that more or less the premise of Brave New World?
Its fine, i haven't read it either. The idea of the book is still interesting to think about nonetheless.

Here's a nice sum up that compares it with 1984 for anyone interested... using countryballs for some reason.
By Huxley? No it's not! You are divided by classes from the very beginning of your life!
(That was one of the first books I've read after I learned how to read...)

Shrimp_eater

By Huxley? No it's not! You are divided by classes from the very beginning of your life!
(That was one of the first books I've read after I learned how to read...)
But they're 'happy' in those classes, or rather were designed to be happy with their position in the caste. Its ultimately a world without conflict where everyone is satisfied.

However it feels "wrong" somehow, no matter how much people are getting along and leading the comfortable warless lives we think we desire. Thats what makes the premise intriguing in the first place.