The pros and cons of ChatGPT and other AI writing tools.

Integrating into a new community is like composing a symphony of connections. Hi, I'm passionate about writing and thrilled to join this vibrant group. One skill I've honed is knowing how to cite a ted talk
Interesting, are you affiliated with artificial intelligence, robotics or bots?

CubicleHermit

They all have limited "memory." Someone who fine-tunes this stuff told me that ChatGPT can remember some information from the beginning of your whole chat session (first prompt) and does some summarizing of the rest for itself to try and keep track. But the more prompts you enter in a session, the more it forgets -- GPT3.5 remembers around 3000 words, which includes your prompts and its answers. GPT4 remembers twice as much. And there's also a "huge context" version of GPT4, which almost nobody has access to yet, which remembers about eight times -- around 50 pages. T
Claude.ai is of free/public ones the winner here, it can do ~70,000 words (100k tokens) - although starting with a full 70k word document right off will give you like half a dozen free queries before you hit the limit for the day.

One trick to using it is to feed your whole work in, and then have it produce a summary you can feed back into it - e.g. "Summarized the attached document with 2-3 lines per chapter and 2-3 lines per character, in a form that can be used as an input for a large language model."

MajorKerina

It's fascinating but I actually found that AI in certain precisely controlled situations can be more emotional than typical dialogue. I found that the best use for AI writing is when you give it a lot of background text and it understands the goal and you let it create some thing for a very small scene or to fill out where you're not exactly sure how you want to describe something. Scenes and dialogue that have made people that I gave them to cry really hard have been created solely by AI because I found the right place for the AI to understand the emotion that I wanted and stop it before it went off the rails with that. I find it particularly ironic that AI is not very good with technical writing or keeping lore from a story and seeing coherent. It's very good with a line or a sequence that is rather self contained in expressing potent visceral emotion.

Addys

Using of AI can be the ultimate shot which should be taken so as to skyrocket business growth. We recently started using email writer aimreply which makes our email newsletters really engaging, our achievements have really been tremendous. This great tool can create emails customized for each person and is highly engaging and so far has greatly increased our conversion rate and reduced the time spend creating content. The results were phenomenal and I’ll wholeheartedly suggest them to anyone aiming to improve their marketing efforts. If you're interested, you can check it out here. Have any of you tried similar AI tools for productivity or communication?

Last edited: