The riddle that everyone overthinks

LitrpgBird

You enter into a room with two guards and two doors. One will tell the truth. One will lie. One door will kill you. The other will give you untold riches.
How do you get the money?
(Tip: the guard will lie about obvious things)

DeirdreH

Ask either guard, "If I asked the other guard which door has the treasure what would he say?" No matter which guard you asked the answer he will reply with is the door that will kill you so go through the other door.

KrakenRiderEmma

@DeirdreH ’s answer is the correct one if you can only ask them one question, but if there’s no restriction like that the quickest thing to do is ask something like “is it raining in this room?” Or “am I dead?” Or “do I have fifteen eyes on my forehead?” And then after that just ask “which door do I go through?”

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
You enter into a room with two guards and two doors. One will tell the truth. One will lie. One door will kill you. The other will give you untold riches.
How do you get the money?
(Tip: the guard will lie about obvious things)
Did the guards say that they will tell the truth or lie? ‘Cause that kinda breaks things

TotallyHuman

let's overthink then
the guard will lie about obvious things
so he can lie about non-obvious things so the textbook solution won't work.
Obvious is very relative.
I ask what is 2+2
I ask whether we are alive
I ask whether I have asked anything from them
I give up because the guard is a smart fella and for somebody sufficiently intelligent there are no obvious things

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I forget the right answer...I know it is a very specific, like autistically specific, but I'm stupid and can't remember it. Anyway, I'd just ask each guard if I have black hair. The one who says no is the truthful one.

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
Yall don’t understand. Im obviously the smartest one here with the best answer having a 100% success rate

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
I forget the right answer...I know it is a very specific, like autistically specific, but I'm stupid and can't remember it. Anyway, I'd just ask each guard if I have black hair. The one who says no is the truthful one.
bro, the first reply to this thread is litteraly the answer

I would casually make my way to the nearest door as if I was meant to be there, because I'm too introvert to speak to the guards.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
The actual riddle only allows you to ask 1 question, but OP didn't mention it

First reply is the solution within 1 question.

If you don't have question limits, then you can ask an obvious question like hair color and then ask which door just like you say

LitrpgBird

Ask either guard, "If I asked the other guard which door has the treasure what would he say?" No matter which guard you asked the answer he will reply with is the door that will kill you so go through the other door.
just ask him if dogs are dogs lol