The Use of A.I. in writing novels

Eridanus

Just want to ask regarding the use of A.I. as the ruling there is quite confusing to me.
As my writing skill are not quite good, I like to use A.I. like grammarly to correct my writing or even chat-gpt to further make my writing more fluent. Can I post these A.I. edited stories on here or not?

MajorKerina

I don't think that's the method of AI people are concerned about. Its more LLMs where it makes the story and there's little author input. Those are somewhat questionable. Using AI for the rewriting process is something I do with Grammarly/Quillbot/and DeepL. I use them to rephrase certain paragraphs to make them flow better but I often veto the suggestions the AI offers. I use it like a peer review of a paper at college writing centers. The AI offers ideas and you don't have to follow them. If the AI is making the writing whole cloth then that's a different matter.

Eridanus

I don't think that's the method of AI people are concerned about. Its more LLMs where it makes the story and there's little author input. Those are somewhat questionable. Using AI for the rewriting process is something I do with Grammarly/Quillbot/and DeepL. I use them to rephrase certain paragraphs to make them flow better but I often veto the suggestions the AI offers. I use it like a peer review of a paper at college writing centers. The AI offers ideas and you don't have to follow them. If the AI is making the writing whole cloth then that's a different matter.
Thanks just after rereading the rules i got concerned about it, but thanks for explaining it to me

AYM

Farts can kill awareness month
AI Generated Stories - Stories created mostly by AI will be rejected. You can use AI to help create your stories but most of the story should still be written by you.
It is here to prevent someone from mass uploading stories directly written by AI from prompts.

Using AI to rewrite pre-existing work for fluency or check for spelling and grammar errors is allowed.

Eridanus

It is here to prevent someone from mass uploading stories directly written by AI from prompts.

Using AI to rewrite pre-existing work for fluency or check for spelling and grammar errors is allowed.
Thanks for further explaining it to me

KrakenRiderEmma

Even AI co-writing is allowed as long as it's not over 50% -- all my stories are around half and half in draft form, but I edit them as well. It's faster than just writing by myself, but not the "near instant" of typing in a short prompt and getting 1000 words out, which is what leads to flooding of stories that all sound kind of the same ("chatGPT voice.")

melchi

What is a custom title?
Also, using Ai-chan to generate a whole chapter is mean. She should not be given so little to work with as a few prompts and expect to make thousands of words.

Just want to ask regarding the use of A.I. as the ruling there is quite confusing to me.
As my writing skill are not quite good, I like to use A.I. like grammarly to correct my writing or even chat-gpt to further make my writing more fluent. Can I post these A.I. edited stories on here or not?
You do you there's no need to get permission from people who are actually creative and what not. The future will eventually be filled with people who won't admit they used A.I to create amazing work. Obviously they input a lot of their own ideas, than refine, and edit.

If your concerned enough just put that the content is A.I generated since I doubt you will be using it for grammar because at that point might as well use grammarly.

FebyA

I have tried using AI to write stories before, it was okay, but the editing afterward was tiresome.

The good thing is that sometimes, AI will surprise you with a nice plot outline amidst the junk.

If you like surprises and plot twists, or just feeling stuck in general, I think it's a good idea to work in conjunction with AI.