Writing Prompt This is a prompt... I don't know what you expected.

Azurea_Mystis

Premise:
You have stumbled upon an old bottle with it's original contents still intact. It is a pepsi from 1976. You take it back home with you from under the bridge where you found it.

Task:
Write a short story with no more than 2,000 and no less than 500 words about what you do with the pepsi when you get home, and it's possible aftereffects.

Real 1976 pepsi in low quality image attached. (I took it myself:blob_melt:)(No I didn't drink it.(that would be foolish.)
IMG_20230806_214958.jpg

DemonOppai

Yandere’s Lover Corpse Collector
I stare incredulously at the Pepsi bottle floating along the edges of the river bank.

‘Could it be?’

But it can’t be. I really thought…

When will this nightmare end.

Why can’t I get rid of you?

Every memory I have of you is filled with pain and suffering. The gentle caress of your crystalline surface fill me with such dreadful delight.

I remember it as clear as day as I wrapped my lips around your narrow ‘shaft’. I wish to taste your juices but I can’t molest your purity.

Oh, Pepsi bottle. Why must it be so hard.

I can’t seem to love another but this..

This thing between us..

It cannot be so.

You are but an inanimate object yet you animate my soul.

I picked up the Pepsi bottle and slide it in my pocket.

My life is completely ruined.

oniondouble

The tape slides in smoothly to the TV, a hazy image of a logo with three arrow are presented in the middle.
"You're on record. " A heavily censored voice said, it's impossible to ascertain the gender.
"Ah... Right, so... I found this weird Coca-Cola bottle beneath the [REDACTED] bridge and you know, I was low on the money and the bottle look kinda weird. " The recording show a man being strapped in some kind of chair, his right hand missing, seemingly mutilated. In the other hand he grasped some kind of bottle, it's barely visible in the horrible quality.
"I... Grabbed it, at first I was astonished by the logo. Of course it's an old Coca-Cola bottle from the 80-" A loud scribbling noise interrupted the man.
"Continue." The voice said.
"Right... I went home immediately afterwards, got a little lost in the way, but I made it home just fine. " The man stood still for a moment as if remembering something.
"I was home, arriving I tried to leave my grasp on the bottle but... It kinda created another one? With the original still in my left hand, the other one just falls to the ground, the liquid smells so bad it felt like rotten- " Another loud scribbling.
"It still feels like my hand was open! I- I!... Don't know what happened... God...- " The recording cuts as another footage cuts back in.
A text message encompassed the screen.
[The subject left hand was cut, the bottle appeared inside of his throat and promptly choked him to death. ]
[The photo was deemed to be non-memetic and non hazardous to see. ]
A photo appeared... It was a bottle of pepsi.

Azurea_Mystis

The tape slides in smoothly to the TV, a hazy image of a logo with three arrow are presented in the middle.
"You're on record. " A heavily censored voice said, it's impossible to ascertain the gender.
"Ah... Right, so... I found this weird Coca-Cola bottle beneath the [REDACTED] bridge and you know, I was low on the money and the bottle look kinda weird. " The recording show a man being strapped in some kind of chair, his right hand missing, seemingly mutilated. In the other hand he grasped some kind of bottle, it's barely visible in the horrible quality.
"I... Grabbed it, at first I was astonished by the logo. Of course it's an old Coca-Cola bottle from the 80-" A loud scribbling noise interrupted the man.
"Continue." The voice said.
"Right... I went home immediately afterwards, got a little lost in the way, but I made it home just fine. " The man stood still for a moment as if remembering something.
"I was home, arriving I tried to leave my grasp on the bottle but... It kinda created another one? With the original still in my left hand, the other one just falls to the ground, the liquid smells so bad it felt like rotten- " Another loud scribbling.
"It still feels like my hand was open! I- I!... Don't know what happened... God...- " The recording cuts as another footage cuts back in.
A text message encompassed the screen.
[The subject left hand was cut, the bottle appeared inside of his throat and promptly choked him to death. ]
[The photo was deemed to be non-memetic and non hazardous to see. ]
A photo appeared... It was a bottle of pepsi.
This is actually really nice. I did accidentally spill this pepsi on me earlier and it smelled like a pharaohs tomb caked with mold. There was in fact a large amount of mold in the liquid.

oniondouble

This is actually really nice. I did accidentally spill this pepsi on me earlier and it smelled like a pharaohs tomb caked with mold. There was in fact a large amount of mold in the liquid.
In my head canon, the guy who held it can't differentiate left and right, pepsi and Coca-Cola, so it would actually smell heavenly to regular people and had medicinal properties. (It's not canon)

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Premise:
You have stumbled upon an old bottle with it's original contents still intact. It is a pepsi from 1976. You take it back home with you from under the bridge where you found it.

Task:
Write a short story with no more than 2,000 and no less than 500 words about what you do with the pepsi when you get home, and it's possible aftereffects.

Real 1976 pepsi in low quality image attached. (I took it myself:blob_melt:)(No I didn't drink it.(that would be foolish.)
View attachment 23938
46 Fluid Ounces Of Psychedelics

Under dazzling lights of a million hues of purple gloss flickering across a crowd and eerie blue stains in the black lights, a boy sprints onto the Dance Dance Revolution imitation in tiling.

A blank silhouette moving with alacrity.

He dodged a goth girl in a black crop top and fishnet in her own world, yelling for more, nearly decked by her hand outstretched for a bottle. Tossed into her fingers, rattling a bit as she gets a firmer grip on it, she grins as she rips off the bronzed bottle cap. The Pepsi-Cola logo turns upside down.

"Bottoms-up!" she yelled.

Groups of laughing friends, tied together by hands on shoulders, hips, and butts. Each unique group moving back and forth artificially, programming of their motion poor.

His shoes skidded across the fluorescent lights, burned rubber with a screech. Blank sneakers left an equally empty tar trail on the glass as he swerved by the laughing people moving MarioKart obstacle style across a corridor formed organically by the crowd. The laces bobbed up and down, the bunny ears of the knot banging against the floor painfully. The bunny of the glaringly whit sneakers squinted in pain, a big, cute frown puffing up its adorable cheeks.

He sidled behind a boy engulfing another's face with puckered fish lips. Blue scales grew down the insensate kid's cheeks. Gold eyes looked at the colorless boy with predatory slits, his attention already gone from the one whose tongue he was swallowing.

"Bump!" Arms went pinwheeling, hands pushing down against empty air.

The disco lights flashed blue as the open sky.

Silently, the boy resembled a windmill spray-painted on a wall at an angle. The rotten foundation of the house was the dead body he nearly tripped over. Patchy brown hair fanned behind him.

... And he stepped over the body, blank like he is. But he was now escaping the colorlessness.

With shaking hands, he hoisted himself onto the subdued-yellow high-chairs. An array of warmly shadowed bottles loomed over him. Rows upon rows half buried into the dark behind them. A vast giant stood in front of them, staring down the fidgeting silhouette. The individual, more than man, behind the table frowned, folding his imposingly wide and bare arms under the beard so bushy as to embarrass a bear.

Trembling fingers reached out... and crumpled in nervousness. Purple nervousness misted onto the canvas of a hand.

The molars of the giant were bared by the beard, tombstone in size.

A gulp escaped the faceless kid. A purple-specked finger tugged at his shirt. A logo scrawled itself onto the pulled-on fabric, a thought bubble saying "DOOM". Tousled brown bangs slid across the flat emptiness of his supposedly anxious face.

A beefy, muscled finger pointed toward him accusingly. It was huge. Even just the fingernail was the width of the kid's slender palm.

Or maybe it wasn't accusing. The huge finger wedged open his whole hand with its tip. Another finger of the giant's hand extended out, just one joint of the finger squished around the neck of a bottle of clear glass. Dark liquid sloshed against the glass, leaving behind a fading brown stain inside the archaic bottle.

"POP!' went the smoky brown bottle cap onto the kid's lap.

Shaking fingers gripped onto the bottle.

A moment of silence took place. The lights froze. The bottle took center stage, the red, blue, and white of the Pepsi-Cola flag waving to an invisible pledge of allegiance.

Everything moved. The bottle swung up, the bottom an arc of soda. Pop gushed down, burbling and sparkling with stars, into the teen's happy, gap-toothed smile.

Technicolor paint spread out from his throat like a whole bunch of kid paint bottles got squeezed onto a paper just waiting to be colored in. The rainbow spiraled through his body, a pink flush shining like a spotlight from his cheeks, green blooming in his chest, yellow threading through his arms, and orange filling up his legs.

Red and blue half circles rotated slowly in the blacks of his lined eyes, a strange Sans.

Cortavar

I had been staring at that bottle on my desk for quite a while. I knew it must have some value for someone, but a quick internet search came underwhelming, with some ridiculously priced bottles that had been sitting on eBay for a few years and felt more like jokes than anything else.

Then it clicked. Sarah. She was an accointance, a regular at my favorite bar. She had a full-on hedge witch thing going on, always wearing cool jewelry that she'd assured me were in fact talisman. They'd protect her against hangover or something. Once, I'd listened her tell me how ingredients for potions and spells were important, but what mattered more was the intention of the witch brewing or casting, and the symbolism of the ingredient. Neat stuff.

Well, I'd tagged along to her place with some of our mutual friends once when we'd been kicked out of the closing bar, so I kind of remembered where she lived. It only took me five wrong turns and half an hour to find her place, a one story house with a garden that was lush with plants, all organized neatly in rows. She didn't have a doorbell, but I figured witches were more likely to have cats than german shepherds, so I crossed the garden and knocked at her door.

One confused explanation later, I was sat at her dining table, which I was pretty sure doubled as a Ouija board or something, covered in weird runes and symbols as it was. She was sitting across me, an unreadable expression.

"So let me get this straight, you found an ancient bottle of Pepsi, didn't know what to do with it, and thought it might help me brew a potion?"
"Well, yeah, I mean, if anyone I know can get the best of this thing, it's you! You've got the knowledge, the spells, the materials, the... Whatever that is that makes you a wich, so I figured I'd come over, see if you could do something with it!"
A small smile danced on her lips while she gazed at me.
"Well, I do have use for this bottle, but not in the way that you'd expect."
I must have looked as dumbfounded as I felt because she pressed on.
"Look, I can't possibly brew anything with 50 years old soda, it's probably expired and moldy. What that bottle is, however, is far more important. Since you thought that I was the one who would know what to do with it thanks to me being a witch, and you took personal effort to bring it here, you have made this bottle a token of power. I can now cast better spells if I use it as a focus, simply because you brought it here as an acknowledgement that I'm a witch. It wouldn't have worked if you knew beforehand, it wouldn't have worked if I had been the one to pick it up, but it is now a recognition of my status, and the world will better listen to me when I hold that bottle. So thank you for bringing it here."
"Oh sure! I'm not going to say I understood everything, but if you're happy to keep it, it's yours!"
"Thank you again. Drinks are on me tonight, if you're game!"

And that is how I started dating a witch.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I had been staring at that bottle on my desk for quite a while. I knew it must have some value for someone, but a quick internet search came underwhelming, with some ridiculously priced bottles that had been sitting on eBay for a few years and felt more like jokes than anything else.

Then it clicked. Sarah. She was an accointance, a regular at my favorite bar. She had a full-on hedge witch thing going on, always wearing cool jewelry that she'd assured me were in fact talisman. They'd protect her against hangover or something. Once, I'd listened her tell me how ingredients for potions and spells were important, but what mattered more was the intention of the witch brewing or casting, and the symbolism of the ingredient. Neat stuff.

Well, I'd tagged along to her place with some of our mutual friends once when we'd been kicked out of the closing bar, so I kind of remembered where she lived. It only took me five wrong turns and half an hour to find her place, a one story house with a garden that was lush with plants, all organized neatly in rows. She didn't have a doorbell, but I figured witches were more likely to have cats than german shepherds, so I crossed the garden and knocked at her door.

One confused explanation later, I was sat at her dining table, which I was pretty sure doubled as a Ouija board or something, covered in weird runes and symbols as it was. She was sitting across me, an unreadable expression.

"So let me get this straight, you found an ancient bottle of Pepsi, didn't know what to do with it, and thought it might help me brew a potion?"
"Well, yeah, I mean, if anyone I know can get the best of this thing, it's you! You've got the knowledge, the spells, the materials, the... Whatever that is that makes you a wich, so I figured I'd come over, see if you could do something with it!"
A small smile danced on her lips while she gazed at me.
"Well, I do have use for this bottle, but not in the way that you'd expect."
I must have looked as dumbfounded as I felt because she pressed on.
"Look, I can't possibly brew anything with 50 years old soda, it's probably expired and moldy. What that bottle is, however, is far more important. Since you thought that I was the one who would know what to do with it thanks to me being a witch, and you took personal effort to bring it here, you have made this bottle a token of power. I can now cast better spells if I use it as a focus, simply because you brought it here as an acknowledgement that I'm a witch. It wouldn't have worked if you knew beforehand, it wouldn't have worked if I had been the one to pick it up, but it is now a recognition of my status, and the world will better listen to me when I hold that bottle. So thank you for bringing it here."
"Oh sure! I'm not going to say I understood everything, but if you're happy to keep it, it's yours!"
"Thank you again. Drinks are on me tonight, if you're game!"

And that is how I started dating a witch.
I love this! It's like an actual true story, with some background drawn from something that can actually be found in reality: misconceptions on witches in modern life. Fondly reminds me of my awesome witch friend.

Cortavar

I love this! It's like an actual true story, with some background drawn from something that can actually be found in reality: misconceptions on witches in modern life. Fondly reminds me of my awesome witch friend.

I'm really glad you liked it and felt it real! That was what I was going with, something slice-of-lifey with a mostly clueless protagonist.

I don't know much about real-life witches, I wish I did, but a garden of herbs and magical jewelry seemed to fit.

Most of the magical stuff I put in comes from fiction, I'd say 80% Pratchett, 15% Tabletop RPGs, 5% miscellaneous, so don't take my advice on witchcraft!

(And give your witch friend a call, a text or a hug)