Thoughts on Werewolf Litrpg

Sacred_Night

Litrpg Isekai about a young man, who instead of meeting Kings and queens, meets a pack of werewolves... And they aren't friendly. The story follows Dante as he searches for a cure and learns to channel his dark side XD

I need a bit of verbal feedback regarding the story. I'm sort of lost in the wind on how people are receiving this. Also how can I improve the synopsis?

Ral

Since its quick I'll talk about the synopsis first.

In short, your synopsis is too vague and lacking.

You withhold too much information that should been there to make people understand what your story is and capture their interest. Example, you said, here, that he meets a pack of werewolf, where in the synopsis did you say that he meets a pack of werewolf? You didn't.

Well, you might say that you give some indication or whatnot but my other point, you are too vague. Anyone who have no idea what your story is would not get anything concrete about your story from your synopsis.

Seriously, this here:
Litrpg Isekai about a young man, who instead of meeting Kings and queens, meets a pack of werewolves... And they aren't friendly. The story follows Dante as he searches for a cure and learns to channel his dark side XD
provides more solid information than the whole synopsis. Replace the synopsis with this and you will have something much better.

Seriously, authors, stop trying to be mysterious with your synopsis. Stop being vague and nebulous. You are not making your story sound interesting by doing that. In fact, your synopsis ends up making your story sound generic and uninspired. Please, provide something substantial to give us an idea of what your story is instead giving us these vague nothings.

Ral

Alright, I've read a few chapter and I find the story so far to be alright. It starts with a really active chase scene that really hooks you in. The developments are kinda meh especially with the Deus Ex Machina Hunters that steals the show and push the supposedly protagonist into a side character. Seriously, it seems like the Hunters are the main characters here. There is a lot of potential to be seen especially with the overall conflict that is provided. Overall, the story good. Most of the issue actually comes from the narration.

The characters are a bit flat and the protagonist is bland but overall not bad. The interactions are specially forced and bland. The dialogue doesn't feel natural and almost cringe-worthy. They are not aggravating or anything, they just need rewriting and fleshing out.

The setting is really interesting even if we haven't explore it yet. What is presented so far show a lot of promise.

The narration though is really clumsy. The most serious issue is the head hopping. We would be in the head of one character, then in the next paragraph we would be in the head of another character, in the middle of the paragraph we would jump again into the head of another person. It is so disorienting. It becomes difficult to be engaged when the point of view keep switching. Just stick to one. Or if you really want to have your multiple-POV (though I don't like multiple POV much either) then do the switching per chapter/scene basis. Or use a omniscient narration and tell your story in a distant perspective.

Overall, it is okay. It has lots of potential especially from what I can glimpse from the setting and overall conflict. The concept feels like it has a truly epic scope. It is kinda difficult to care about the character though and the narration keeps you from being truly engaged in the story.

Sacred_Night

Alright, I've read a few chapter and I find the story so far to be alright. It starts with a really active chase scene that really hooks you in. The developments are kinda meh especially with the Deus Ex Machina Hunters that steals the show and push the supposedly protagonist into a side character. Seriously, it seems like the Hunters are the main characters here. There is a lot of potential to be seen especially with the overall conflict that is provided. Overall, the story good. Most of the issue actually comes from the narration.

The characters are a bit flat and the protagonist is bland but overall not bad. The interactions are specially forced and bland. The dialogue doesn't feel natural and almost cringe-worthy. They are not aggravating or anything, they just need rewriting and fleshing out.

The setting is really interesting even if we haven't explore it yet. What is presented so far show a lot of promise.

The narration though is really clumsy. The most serious issue is the head hopping. We would be in the head of one character, then in the next paragraph we would be in the head of another character, in the middle of the paragraph we would jump again into the head of another person. It is so disorienting. It becomes difficult to be engaged when the point of view keep switching. Just stick to one. Or if you really want to have your multiple-POV (though I don't like multiple POV much either) then do the switching per chapter/scene basis. Or use a omniscient narration and tell your story in a distant perspective.

Overall, it is okay. It has lots of potential especially from what I can glimpse from the setting and overall conflict. The concept feels like it has a truly epic scope. It is kinda difficult to care about the character though and the narration keeps you from being truly engaged in the story.
Should I delete intro chapters and start over without the Hunter's?

Ral

Should I delete intro chapters and start over without the Hunter's?
I have read all the available chapters.

Well, you could do that if these specific characters aren't that important for the future chapters. It is kinda strange that you put a lot of attention to them to the point that the protagonist is sidelined only to seemingly kill them. I don't think they all died given the fact that you spend too much attention to them. Still, they might still come to use so you might want to keep them.

There are also kind of contrived things with them. Of course the very convenient Deus Ex Machina moment where they just so happen to be there at the right time to save Dante. They also kill werewolves but they let Dante live for some reason. No explanation really. Their existence really feels more like plot convenience.

Still, the Hunters aren't really that bad. My issues with them aren't all that big. It is more of the head hopping that makes their chapters kinda difficult to follow and feel weak.

After reading all the chapters though, the Hunter's aren't really much of a problem. The development of the narrative is a bigger problem. You aren't utilizing your concept well. The curse is supposed to be a . . . well . . . a curse, but so far Dante isn't having any issue with it. Another concept that is interesting is the idea that he will join the Hunter's Association but obviously, it would not play this early (I think, you can take this off your synopsis, maybe only indicate the pressence of the Hunters but not tell that he will infiltrate them). Nor do Dante do anything interesting with abilities that comes with it. The most is that he used his tacking abilities to track which ends up to be just a plot convenience. Talking of plot convenience.

There are so many conveniences. He accidentally found a nearly dead werewolf that he cannibalize which improves his overall physical traits . . . without putting any effort. He found the witch's hut where he discovers a whole lot of helpful things to help him . . . again without putting much effort.

Also, there is not much tension since there are no stakes involved. I mean, the curse doesn't really act like a curse. Things conveniently fall into Dante's lap. It is honestly becoming boring when everything is just delivered in a silver platter to your protagonist.

I think you need to refine your story. Revise it, so to speak. Make the plot more streamlined and impact.

For the Hunters, I suggest that you should not make them help Dante directly. Don't make them go out to save him, cure his wounds and all. I think it would be better if their assistance is incidental than deliberate. Maybe the hunters are hunting these werewolves which gives Dante an opportunity to escape with his life. This would help keep the Hunters at minimum profile and keep the attention on Dante.

After that, it is the best time to show what makes this cruse a curse. What is bad about it. You have to do this or there would be no tension in your story because Dante would have nothing at stake. You don't have to spell it out like what you did so far (having the hunters explain it to Dante). It is enough to know that something is wrong. You could provide more details later, not to mention it makes the curse mysterious and make your readings be engage about learning more about the curse.

And there is the plot conveniences. I don't really know how to tackle these things. You obviously have plans for these, why he get these things, but I don't know what. You also seems to be excited about these things so you really want these things in.

This might be some early-installment-weirdness because you are still finding your rhythm (well it seems to be your first serial novel). You might just have so many ideas that you want to cram in. Maybe you will finally get things on track in the later installments.