Tips For Writing In 1st Person?

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
It has 2 options.

_ Either First person in past tense

_ Or First person in present tense

In past tense, it’s the protagonist telling their story. A story that existed in the past and therefore, isn’t much different from 3rd person narrative. Only exception is 3rd person narrative has more freedom in how you can dump info onto the audiences than 1st person.

In present tense, you are telling the event that are happening. This has a much deeper application than most can see.
If your story covers the life of the protagonist from teenager to middle age, you will have to be extra caution on the vocab and your expression.

Teenager protagonist does not have as many vocab as middle age protag, and they are also rarely capable of using complex expressions.

I, in fact, am experimenting with this technique. It’s really interesting when my protag transforms from a base animal to higher intelligence with greater vocab and sentence structure being developed in real time.

Beta_Krogoth

I very recently wrote a short story from 1st person and it was my first time too, although the second half is just pure smut, the first half was really fun to write and features an unrelentingly sassy CEO type lady. Being able to directly stream a characters thoughts is really fun if the character has some real personality to them.