Troll 1 Star

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
Like the title, it was my first time getting 1st star in my 1st chapter.

I won't get angry if they give 1 star after 10 chapters, but what could we author do to stop those trolls?
I was actually given 1 star 10 minutes after I upload my new fanfiction.

Well, I know that we can't stop those trolls, but at least what could we do to avoid them?

1634807553932.png

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
??? I don't think we can rate stories without adding them to our reading lists now. If it was someone who added it for a second and voted it a 1 without reading, then removed it from the list immediately, you can get Tony to look at it.

Maybe you can suggest Tony make it so a user has truly read more than one chapter before they can rate stuff? If I'm not mistaken, the site does have "real readers" as a stat, meaning folk who've viewed story for longer than x minutes. He might be able to work something out.

I don't think there's any way to avoid "troll ratings", really. But if it helps, later on people who did read it will also vote, and it'll balance out. Don't mind them so much. 1-stars are a rite of passage for every SH writer! Or collectibles, if you're K5rakitan :blob_happy:

LostLibrarian

First thing to do to is not call them trolls.
Second thing to do is accepting that a "first chapter 1 star" is as valid as a "first chapter 5 star" (Surprisingly, nobody complains about those ratings :blob_ghost: ).
Third thing to do is to accept that both fanfiction and yaoi attract people who are more likely to give early 1 stars. Fanfictions build upon an existing world, so the changes you make can easily put people off during chapter 1 based on the changes alone.
Fourth thing to do is smile.
Fifth thing to do is to go back to writing.

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
well, I was a bit surprised that's all. I don't mind getting 1 star as long as they give their reason even if it's the first chapter.
The thing is they left one start and didn't state their reason. That's why I call them trolls.

Also if they don't like it, they just need to leave without doing anything. Why do they bother to add it to their reading list? Especially when it has notification now

SailusGebel

Also if they don't like it, they just need to leave without doing anything. Why do they bother to add it to their reading list? Especially when it has notification now
Cause your novel can change. 1-star on a first chapter can be a prefire, much like a 5-star. This 'troll' might change his rating later.

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
Cause your novel can change. 1-star on a first chapter can be a prefire, much like a 5-star. This 'troll' might change his rating later.
I doubt it. I found the troll account and saw lots of novels with a 1-star ratings on his reading list. Well, I won't divulge his account because that's a breach of personal information but I doubt he will change his rating

SailusGebel

I doubt it. I found the troll account and saw lots of novels with a 1-star ratings on his reading list. Well, I won't divulge his account because that's a breach of personal information but I doubt he will change his rating
If you did so much, you can probably message\ask Tony. He will ban this account if it is a troll or a bot. If I understand everything correctly the 1-star rating would be removed as well.

EternalSunset0

Much that needed to be said on the topic has been said already, and there's little we can do without outright eliminating the star system. Lots of authors get that random 1 star anyway.

well, I was a bit surprised that's all. I don't mind getting 1 star as long as they give their reason even if it's the first chapter.
That would be ideal. Unfortunately, we don't have a way to enforce that. It will just get bypassed anyway by someone wanting to drop that 1 star. Just chalk it up to the Internet just having assholes or people who just want to be mean, and best we can do is not add to that count.

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
That would be ideal. Unfortunately, we don't have a way to enforce that. It will just get bypassed anyway by someone wanting to drop that 1 star. Just chalk it up to the Internet just having assholes or people who just want to be mean, and best we can do is not add to that count.
It would be great if when we gave rating we need to give the author a message too, like the review.

Well, let's bygones be bygones. I don't care anymore and made this threat as a way of escapism anyway

Like the title, it was my first time getting 1st star in my 1st chapter.

I won't get angry if they give 1 star after 10 chapters, but what could we author do to stop those trolls?
I was actually given 1 star 10 minutes after I upload my new fanfiction.

Well, I know that we can't stop those trolls, but at least what could we do to avoid them?

View attachment 10083
Write whoever did it a very lengthy message explaining your disappointment. Or you can make a bunch of accounts and bump it back to 4-ish stars.

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
Write whoever did it a very lengthy message explaining your disappointment. Or you can make a bunch of accounts and bump it back to 4-ish stars.
my readers already bump it back to 4 star ratings.
I'm thankful towards them

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Tich he strikes once again