Tropes/Cliches you can't help but enjoy?

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Villainous Noble Girls, especially the haughty ones with drill-hair and the "Ohohoho" kind of laugh. I'm really sad this kind of character trope didn't survive the 2000s. They were almost everywhere in those days. Anyway, bonus points if they were actually competent and/or right all along. And yes, I even read villainess otome to get my dose of this trope.

The comic relief guy suddenly turning out to be competent and/or a badass. Even better if they manage to steal the MCs thunder at least once.

Characters that stick to their principles. It's a trope that's used waaaaay too less in writing even though it's a perfect chance for character growth and/or conflict. Even better if the difference in principles causes one or more characters to go their own ways for their character arc to trigger.

A character betraying the party. Might just be me playing way too much Tales of-games during my youth but I kinda got groomed to expect at least one big betrayal per story. Even better if it's done right or like in Baten Kaitos. That twist is still one of my favorite WTF moments in gaming history.

The kind of romance where the characters never actually say or deny if they are in a relationship or not. Or the kind where one characters just went from being good friends/comrades/whatever to "Guess we're a thing now, huh?" and it makes sense.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
I need help. :sweat_smile:
You have seriously good stuff. Lots of my manga are electronically pirated and the very sight of this makes me sooo guilty.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
You have seriously good stuff. Lots of my manga are electronically pirated and the very sight of this makes me sooo guilty.
Don't be; I was a pirate, too. Still have to sail the high seas sometimes when stuff is sadly no longer available. I still have a series that is missing only 1 volume, and I just can't get it anywhere. And I'm unwilling to spend 200ish dollars to import a used copy when the retail price was 15 dollars when it came out. :blob_cringe:

Narcissistic_loser

Aiming to be a better person.
Isekai, faceslapping, all those things where people be like :00 praising the mc for the things he's done and finally getting the recognition he deserved troupe.