Turn based combat

Redemit

I think it would be interesting(and funny) to see someone write a litrpg where the system forces it's subjects to adhere to turn based combat rules

Imagine being reincarnated into a fantasy world with RPG elements only to find out it's turn based constraints

I imagine this would be either hilarious or horrifying but probably both to be honest🤣

Last edited:

SailusGebel

Jerynboe

I’m actually writing a story where the MC was isekaied into a TTRPG, specifically Pathfinder 1e. His system mostly affects him, so the turn based aspect is essentially that the entire world goes on pause every 6 seconds if he’s in a high stress situation like combat. I’m having a lot of fun fiddling with it based on how (in my experience) ttrpgs are played and the relationship between Player and Player Character.

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
I think it would be interesting(and funny) to see someone write a litrpg where the system forces it's subjects to adhere to turn based combat rules

Imagine being reincarnated into a fantasy world with RPG elements only to find out it's turn based constraints

I imagine this would be either hilarious or horrifying but probably both to be honest🤣
Sounds like a must read. I would love spending 10 chapters on turn one at the higher levels

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
I didn't include turn based combat in my video game fanfiction (as the inspiring game didn't have it) but I included some of the other weird things. Like the fact that player characters don't sleep.

Or because Skyrim was one of the inspirations, I also mentioned eating things to learn whether they were poisonous and that at higher levels you can just disappear from people's views by crouching.

So yeah... do it. It'd be hilarious.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes

Oh, I'm doing that in Rules Lawyer.

Magic spells take 6 seconds. Period. Its a law of the universe. Normal actions are more fluid l, but there is going to be an infinite attack loop exploit at some point (Each attack allows two more attacks) and we get to see what happens to reality when you divide by zero.

Dragon magazine had some very stupid weapons that when made into monk weapons with certain feets are basically, I hit you infinite times, once the combo gets going.

Obsoleteness

mfw the person I attacked survived and now he just stands there and stares at me and refuses to take his turn. It's been 4 hours already! Send help :blob_dizzy:

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Even better (worse?) make it a fire emblem-style SRPG where enemy reinforcements can just spawn at certain points at the end of your turn and your items break after a certain number of uses