Turning stories upside-down by changing the perspective

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
The challenge is easy: Completely turn around the plot and message of a story by changing the POV. You can also do this with TV shows or movie plots.

Example: A young man eternally shunned by his beloved accompanies her in a journey to satiate her own vanity. On this journey he gains recognition for the first time in his life and sets off to better the world. His beloved detests the changes, though, and plots to destroy everything he accomplished. In the end she overthrows him in a bloody revolution and then just leaves.
The Barbie Movie

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Concerned Austrian Painter attempts to turn his country's crumbling economy around through the use of patriotism. He attempts to fight a cabal of corrupt bankers, but winds up contracting syphilis that goes undiagnosed. The other politicians that surround him take advantage of his crumbling mental facilities to start a war for the purposes of embezzling money and sending it overseas to Argentina.

World War 2

Last edited:

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
A guy is completely in love with a woman but she is stolen away by his boss. His boss also regularly flaunts that he has the girl, making her dress in skimpy clothing and have her body painted. The couple try to have their love in secret but the boss finds out and attacks them in a rage. Defending themselves, they accidentally kill the boss but his bodyguards kill the woman while the guy's friends drag him to safety.

Later, the man tries to retrieve his lover's body but he too is killed by the bodyguards. They even kill his friends because they were there.

Years later, some crazy but well-armed thieves use black magic to resurrect him. These crazy thieves are led by two hobos, both of whom were former soldiers and knew their way to his house. One is super greedy while the other one has the IQ of a carrot.

Not wanting to be there, the resurrected guy decides to punish them for robbing his home. He also decides to bring his dead girlfriend back to life. This requires him to do some black magic of his own but he chooses his own happiness and is determined that the two of them will not be separated again.

However, his efforts come to naught when he is constantly attacked by the hobo and he is forced to watch his girlfriend get murdered again before he too is killed by the hobo. But he's kind of happy that he dies because he really doesn't want to live in a world without his woman. And he didn't get forced to watch as the other hobo destroyed his house and killed himself.

The Mummy (1999)

CreationWillL

Concerned Austrian Painter attempts to turn his country's crumbling economy around through the use of patriotism. He attempts to fight a cabal of corrupt bankers, but winds up contracting syphilis that goes undiagnosed. The other politicians that surround him take advantage of his crumbling mental facilities to start a war for the purposes of embezzling money and sending it overseas to Argentina.

World War 2
Nein, Ich würde Gewinnen! Quote: An Australian Painter

Lysander_Works

In a sense, my current project of Overlap is doing just that, is about to anyway once the other book begins later in the week.
Overall its not a bad idea; some whole new books can come of having a spin-off from a different POV of characters.

Tempokai

Overworked One
A man creates revolutionary vr technology, gets laughable amount sold to public, alongside with a terrible game design as if developers never played games in their life, gets so mad that he turns it into a death game. But, not accounting for unhinged teenagers with autism, gets his ass kicked in both realities, and fries up his mind because he lost at everything.

Ironically, his technology then prospers after his death, raking money that he never will see.
SAO, duh

Kenjona

An old man did not want to shun his beloved, but as he won't accompany her in a journey to satiate her own vanity, she decided he was shunning her. Since he did not go on this journey he does not gain recognition from her for the first time in his life and so does not set off to better the world. His beloved detests that nothing changed, though, and plots to destroy everything anyway. In the end she overreaches in a bloody revolution causing more heart ache and pain then she needed to and mean while he had already left before hand to go fishing.

:cool:

Tsuru

Robot
The challenge is easy: Completely turn around the plot and message of a story by changing the POV. You can also do this with TV shows or movie plots.

Example: A young man eternally shunned by his beloved accompanies her in a journey to satiate her own vanity. On this journey he gains recognition for the first time in his life and sets off to better the world. His beloved detests the changes, though, and plots to destroy everything he accomplished. In the end she overthrows him in a bloody revolution and then just leaves.
The Barbie Movie
Damnit, i thought you meant,
reverse the pov (with the lover/heroine)

Because to be honest, for some masterpiece novels, if you put the pov in the pov of the heroine, they could easily capture the other side of the demography readers.
Like: give pov of Aqua [sorry bad idea] or megumin of Konosuba, it could easily pass off as a good series for female readers
Which isnt that different as nowadays female protag novels. Though it would be nice to downtone her brattiness.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…

The Barbie Movie
Man eating creatures in a human guise stalk the earth. From each grows a unfathomable weapon. They kill and prey upon the defenseless. More powerful than any solider, it requires the use of their power, the weapons they grew, to have any chance against them.
Tokyo Ghoul

My family was enslaved as I grew up. Forced to mine strange crystals for powerful merchants across this galaxy of ours. My earliest memory is my mother having her hands chopped off for not reaching her quota. It was not long after that that a strange priest bought me from my master. We were to learn the magic that tied the universe together, but, whenever I asked to free my family, I was rebuked for holding an unneeded attachment. When I protested that my family and the other slaves were being held unjustly, the priests would say that was their destiny and if they were to free themselves that too would be their destiny, but if we were to interfere it would be unnatural. When I was a young adult the order saw me fit to go on a training mission. We were to help guide a merchant ship through treacherous territory. Perhaps it was fate as the priests had said, the merchant was the one who owned my family. Long story short, there was no merchant by the end of the day, and by the next I had found a new master.
Me trying to give a Sith perspective.

Praybird

I dropped my special journal. When I went to go get it back, some crazy-ass highschooler had written all over it. Even the authorities said it was his now, so I just kept stalking him to see what he did with the book. I tried to convince him this one time to rent it from me at a discount, didn't work out so well. He ended up going to jail one time, which was hilarious. At the end he got shot and died, and I retrieved my journal.

Death Note.

J_Chemist

Hunter shoots doe.
Hunter sees fawn and shoots the fawn too because no witnesses.

End story.

Bambi

A 200-300-year-old vampire stalked a 16-year-old girl, slept with her, and then turned into a psychopathic murderer. Later, the vampire teamed up with another psychopathic vampire who ended up sleeping with her a few years later.

Rumours said the vampire and his vampiric friend were once lover as well.

Buffy

Notadate

Wants to build a toy train. Loves DC

Made the electric chair.
Damnit, i thought you meant,
reverse the pov (with the lover/heroine)

Because to be honest, for some masterpiece novels, if you put the pov in the pov of the heroine, they could easily capture the other side of the demography readers.
Like: give pov of Aqua [sorry bad idea] or megumin of Konosuba, it could easily pass off as a good series for female readers
Which isnt that different as nowadays female protag novels. Though it would be nice to downtone her brattiness.
That’s, um, that’s a book. Literally from their pov. Official.

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
Michael Jackson gets reincarnated in 1910's japan to become a literal demon king before a guy who likes to headbutt people came about.

Jaymi

Gamer / Astronaut / Idol / Author / Vampire
a monkey from a zoo evolves into a human and gets isekai'd into a fantasy world and becomes the first 'demi-human'.
He later opens a zoo in the fantasy world where animals can go observe humans in cages.

Sylver

Okay, I'll do this with my story :blob_evil_two:

A showrunner of a travelling circus asks a cat girl from his audience to work for him. Said cat girl and her friends set his circus on fire in return :blob_catflip: