Uh, posted too many? Should I delete and start again?

LinMeili

Hi guys! I was uploading a new work today when I realized I was posting too fast. I forgot about the spam filter.

I only just started so I'm not sure if I should start again or not. Should I delete it and start over? This is brand new and hasn't been manually approved yet.

toofast.png

@Tony What should I do?

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
It's fine.

Just space out later chapter so the story has more time in the 'Latest Updated' section on the front page. A new story is already in the 'Latest Series' section on the front page, so there's nothing to gain from being on both. Once your story gets pushed off the front page is when you can start worrying about spam.

LinMeili

It's fine.

Just space out later chapter so the story has more time in the 'Latest Updated' section on the front page. A new story is already in the 'Latest Series' section on the front page, so there's nothing to gain from being on both. Once your story gets pushed off the front page is when you can start worrying about spam.

I mean, if you post too many chapters, your story is banned from the front page. That's the spam filter. If I already triggered the filter, posting slower later won't help because I'm already banned.

This guy even said he was on the spam filter weeks later.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I mean, if you post too many chapters, your story is banned from the front page. That's the spam filter. If I already triggered the filter, posting slower later won't help because I'm already banned.

This guy even said he was on the spam filter weeks later.
That's not how it works. You don't get fully banned, you just don't appear on the 'Latest Updates' section for a while. If you get fully banned for posting your story, that's a bug and you'll need to contact Tony about it.

The point of the filter is to prevent someone from posting a chapter and then deleting it, only to repost the chapter again to stay on the front page.

It's possible that the filter might stop you from posting dozens of chapters in a day, but it won't ban you permanently.

With just five chapters, you don't need to be concerned in the slightest.

LinMeili

OOOHHHH!!!! Thanks, I was scared I messed up!
That's not how it works. You don't get fully banned, you just don't appear on the 'Latest Updates' section for a while. If you get fully banned for posting your story, that's a bug and you'll need to contact Tony about it.

The point of the filter is to prevent someone from posting a chapter and then deleting it, only to repost the chapter again to stay on the front page.

It's possible that the filter might stop you from posting dozens of chapters in a day, but it won't ban you permanently.

With just five chapters, you don't need to be concerned in the slightest.

J_Chemist

Use the schedule button. It's like a fire and forget button. The site will post the story for you when the time comes and gives you more time on the front page. Especially if you have a backlog or find yourself posting faster than you thought.

LinMeili

Use the schedule button. It's like a fire and forget button. The site will post the story for you when the time comes and gives you more time on the front page. Especially if you have a backlog or find yourself posting faster than you thought.
I cannot because of my story structure. It's a branching story with choices at the end where I have to put the link to a choice. I don't get the link until I post so every single time I post I have to go back and add the links.