Updates and abandoned stories

Ninetailed_Furball

I was thinking about a way to mark stories that have been abandoned, and I thought maybe it could be done in conjunction to a predicted update frequency value? When you set up a story, you can include the expected update frequency, and if a certain amount of time or the updates pass three or four predictions, whichever comes later, then the story is automatically marked as abandoned?

After all, I think very few authors would bother marking their story as abandoned themselves.

Tony

Staff member
I was thinking about a way to mark stories that have been abandoned, and I thought maybe it could be done in conjunction to a predicted update frequency value? When you set up a story, you can include the expected update frequency, and if a certain amount of time or the updates pass three or four predictions, whichever comes later, then the story is automatically marked as abandoned?

After all, I think very few authors would bother marking their story as abandoned themselves.

It's not exactly what you asking for but something similar is already implemented. Currently, if you don't update your story within three months, the story will automatically be marked as 'Hiatus' :blobthumbsup:

Ninetailed_Furball

ah neat. I was thinking that might be a bit unfair for those that have really slow update rates, but I guess for those, if they do end up showing up on this site, they could just get some sort of exception or something.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
ah neat. I was thinking that might be a bit unfair for those that have really slow update rates, but I guess for those, if they do end up showing up on this site, they could just get some sort of exception or something.
Three months is too long to still be updated. By then, 99% of your readers will have already moved on, and whether your story is marked Hiatus when you come back is irrelevant to those that stayed.

Tony

Staff member
Three months is too long to still be updated. By then, 99% of your readers will have already moved on, and whether your story is marked Hiatus when you come back is irrelevant to those that stayed.

Once you add a new chapter, it'll automatically change it back to 'Ongoing'