Userscript Index

Ultrabenosaurus

There's one in the Novel Updates forum, so why not here?

https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/greasemonkey-userscript-index.26110/

If you know of a userscript related to NU SH or relates sites, post the required information, and I will add it to the first post of this thread. Please do not post bugs for existing userscripts in this thread; contact the maintainer. Ideas for new userscripts are welcome.

I've posted some NU and SH scripts in the thread in the NU forums, and it does include "related sites", but I figure people browsing the SH forums need some love, too.

I'll start by shamelessly sharing my current list of SH scripts:

SH Arrow Key Next/Prev Chapter
Navigate to the next / previous chapter on right / left arrow keys on ScribbleHub. Obviously this is for PC users, not mobile.

SH Auto Show Bookmark
Automatically change the Table of Contents page to show your bookmarked chapter when opening a series page on Scribble Hub. Designed for people who like to ignore new chapters for a while and then binge them.

SH Continue Reading Anywhere
When viewing any chapter of a story you've bookmarked on Scribble Hub, this will add a button to continue reading from your current bookmarked chapter. Ideal if you regularly switch between reading on your phone and computer.

SH List All Chapters
Override the "Show All Chapters" button to list all chapters in the Table of Contents on ScribbleHub series pages instead of a pop-up.

SH Permalinks for Comments
Convert the timestamps on ScribbleHub chapter comments into permalinks to make sharing comments easier.

SH Add Chapter Numbers
Add chapter numbers (based on release order) to all TOC items on a Scribble Hub series page.

Unrelated to Scribble Hub or Novel Updates, but I also made a script to redirect me from normal Amazon to Amazon Smile so that my purchases result in a donation to charity. For those of you who haven't heard of Amazon Smile, the donation is from Amazon and is at no extra cost to you, the purchaser, but you can choose which charity your purchases support. I'm not sure if this is available in every region / country, though, so check before you install it.

Amazon Smile Redirect
Redirect automatically from normal Amazon to Amazon Smile to support charities! (change the TLD in the @match line for your preferred Amazon site, e.g. .com or .es)

Last edited:

Ultrabenosaurus

Unrelated to Scribble Hub or Novel Updates, but I also made a script to redirect me from normal Amazon to Amazon Smile so that my purchases result in a donation to charity. For those of you who haven't heard of Amazon Smile, the donation is from Amazon and is at no extra cost to you, the purchaser, but you can choose which charity your purchases support. I'm not sure if this is available in every region / country, though, so check before you install it.

Amazon Smile Redirect
Redirect automatically from normal Amazon to Amazon Smile to support charities! (change the TLD in the @match line for your preferred Amazon site, e.g. .com or .es)

Ultrabenosaurus

A new one I've just made for Scribble Hub to compensate for all the dirty heathens authors who stupidly decide not to include an absolute numbering system in their chapter titles, making it almost impossible to know how far through a story you are when binge reading or to discuss quotes / events with fellow readers outside of a chapter's comments section. It isn't perfect, but it's Good Enough™ for me.

SH Add Chapter Numbers
Add chapter numbers (based on release order) to all TOC items on a Scribble Hub series page.

Known flaws that I'll probably never fix include:
  • pagniation is done via AJAX without a page reload so I've hardcoded a delay (you can edit) to compensate
  • clicking the button to change sort order for the TOC will remove the numbers so you'll need ot reload the page completely
  • side chapters or author's notes put the numbers out of sync with "real" chapters
  • same as above for authors that release named chapters in multiple parts
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ultrabenosaurus

Reddit Links Open in Same Tab
Remove target="_blank" from links within Reddit posts so they open in the current tab. Developed for next chapter links on r/HFY but generic enough that it should work on pretty much any Reddit text post.

Ultrabenosaurus

I also just found this one by NU user sgrey in another thread which is super-helpful and I can't believe I never thought to make one like this myself!

Change NU Date Format to DD/MM/YYYY
https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/date-format-userscript-in-op.87576/page-2#post-5007124

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         ChangeNUDateFormat
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  Changes the date format in the NU release list to dd/mm/yyyy
// @author       sgrey
// @match        https://www.novelupdates.com/series/*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';

/*
    * Change month: '2-digit' to month: 'numeric'
    * to remove mandatory 0 in front of 1-digit months
    */
    var options = {year: 'numeric', month: '2-digit', day: '2-digit' };
    var table = document.getElementById("myTable");

for (var i = 1, row; row = table.rows[i]; i++) {
       var date = Date.parse(row.cells[0].innerHTML);
       row.cells[0].innerHTML = new Date(date).toLocaleDateString('en-GB', options);
    };
})();