Very bad free feedback thread.

Kishi866

I read the first chapter.
It was confusing.
Now, your storytelling is fine, I don't have any problem with that. Just, you don't need to make the character names or normal words stand out, we can see them just fine.
Onto the main problem.
The characters don't make sense.
Why did Sunja suddenly decided to attack the main character? He had no reason to, he couldn't get anything out of that, it's not like the main character ate his favorite chocolate cookies or anything.
And, why did the guard suddenly decided to arrest the main character, when he's just trying to leave?
It really was confusing.
Try to think about those questions first, I'd say.
Hi there, thank you for the response. I really appreciate it. I'll take into consideration unbolding some of those names, I thought it would help as I introduce many characters in the first few chapters. As for your questions regarding Sunja's decision and the guard's appearance, those are all answered in the following chapters.

Thanks again for checking it out!

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
Hi there, thank you for the response. I really appreciate it. I'll take into consideration unbolding some of those names, I thought it would help as I introduce many characters in the first few chapters. As for your questions regarding Sunja's decision and the guard's appearance, those are all answered in the following chapters.

Thanks again for checking it out!
Take it with a grain of salt, I am definitely not a good reader, so if the first chapter of a series is not good enough for me, I'll lose interest immediately.
Still, good luck with your writing.

Kalliel

Give me a honest review
I will.
I read the first chapter. It was like a fever dream.
Aside from your abominable grammar, it felt like you were writing a report, not a story.
No dialogue whatsoever, things happening faster than I could blink.
It just reads poorly.
My advice for you is to try and read more first, fix your grammar, and then try to write again.
Ok. I'm ready for you to make me cry.

I read the first three chapters.
It was pretty good.
Your grammar is perfect, your writing is amazing as well.
The only thing I would say here is that maybe you could have done more on the battle scenes, they were a bit lackluster.
But anyway, it was enjoyable.

Last edited:

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
I will.
I read the first chapter. It was like a fever dream.
Aside from your abominable grammar, it felt like you were writing a report, not a story.
It just reads poorly.
My advice for you is to try and read more first, fix your grammar, and then try to write again.
Ok, that's a valid feedback. Now I know where the errors

It's my first novel so I didn't think of putting dialogues, so I guess I'm going to change it

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
Ok, the first chapter was fixed, but I still have to rewrite 15 more chapters

Kalliel

ReadyGoLove

Kalliel

I published a second chapter just today, if you're interested in giving it a bit of a deeper look.

No worries if not, though. But do let me know if the first chapter itself was enjoyable.
It's interesting, as I've said before, I have no complain about your work.
I could see this being a good romance novel.
I don't normally read rom-com though, so I can't give a detailed analysis or anything.

Kalliel

Hi! would you please give me feedback on my work.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/644643/paranoia/
Much like this thread, it's janky.
Firstly, the conversations between characters were awkward, they didn't feel real, is what I should say.
Secondly, you clumped all the dialogues of different characters together in long paragraphs, it's confusing.
Thirdly, you were also over describing a lot of bits as well, somewhat unnecessary in my opinion.
And lastly, you forgot a lot of commas as well, together with a bunch of other grammar mistakes.
You need a lot of edits and trimming, basically.

RedMoonBlue

Much like this thread, it's janky.
Firstly, the conversations between characters were awkward, they didn't feel real, is what I should say.
Secondly, you clumped all the dialogues of different characters together in long paragraphs, it's confusing.
Thirdly, you were also over describing a lot of bits as well, somewhat unnecessary in my opinion.
And lastly, you forgot a lot of commas as well, together with a bunch of other grammar mistakes.
You need a lot of edits and trimming, basically.
oh ok. Thanks. I'll try to re-write it to make it better :D

Gunshot_god

Hi. I don't want a first chapter feedback but a second chapter one lol. Because 1st chapter has info dumps and too much unnecessary writings. (It doesn't have important plot detaills) I feel bad to make u read that. But I am sure that second chapter is much better. So... Can u please provide me an honest and verryyy bad review about the chapter? I am waiting...

Kalliel

Hi. I don't want a first chapter feedback but a second chapter one lol. Because 1st chapter has info dumps and too much unnecessary writings. (It doesn't have important plot detaills) I feel bad to make u read that. But I am sure that second chapter is much better. So... Can u please provide me an honest and verryyy bad review about the chapter? I am waiting...

I read both chapters.
It was... Fine?
Aside from some occasional grammar mistakes here and there (Minor), the narrative is interesting enough.
Ultimately, it was too short for me to give more opinion on this.
Good luck on writing though.

Gunshot_god

I read both chapters.
It was... Fine?
Aside from some occasional grammar mistakes here and there (Minor), the narrative is interesting enough.
Ultimately, it was too short for me to give more opinion on this.
Good luck on writing though.
Thank u so much. I will pay more attention to grammar mistakes. I appreciate your help. My lost inspiration is coming back!!!

anthony59237

Please let me know what you think of mine. You can just leave the feedback in thread. Thanks a lot for what you do! Link below:

Kalliel

Please let me know what you think of mine. You can just leave the feedback in thread. Thanks a lot for what you do! Link below:

I read the first four chapters.
It was good.
I didn't notice anything bad about your writing.
The characters felt a bit odd at time, but I don't mind it, fits for a comedy.
Overall, an interesting start.
Good luck writing.