Want Me To Look at Your Work?

Dianna

I'm leaving Scribblehub and the entire web novel space as a writer after I'm done with Ties (on top of deleting my work), so yeah, appealing to this platform isn't stuff I'm concerned with. I'm not interested in making stories for webnovel readers, so I never use the tactics I know appeal here since my ambition involves a different audience.

Also, please, people, don't do what he just did. -.- As I said in the opening post, don't rush to comment on any work. As it literally says at the end, make clear stuff with me first instead of just rushing to comment.

Here's the reason why, seeing as my request was already ignored.

1) I can avoid the problem where someone assumes they know my audience and misidentifies what I'm doing or who I'm concerned with. Or even what work I want to hear anything about. I wasn't going to ask anything about Ties.

2) So I don't feel pressured to read anybody else's story if I don't want to. I need to see if I'm a good fit for the person, on top of what exactly they want me to focus on. When someone doesn't follow what I ask, it just puts me in an awkward position where I feel bad for not reciprocating. And that just makes me resent what they did rather than be grateful.

This was the next one I was going to ask about. I like mystery, so I'm game! I wanted to know what you wished for feedback on and your goal with stuff. Also, fine going through stuff with PM or Discord, as I have with others, unless you're certain you want me to just post a review on the story.
One of the biggest authors in the platform just gave you advice, and now you are trying to point at them as if they did something atrocious? You are a bit ungrateful, don't you think?

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
One of the biggest authors in the platform just gave you advice, and now you are trying to point at them as if they did something atrocious? You are a bit ungrateful, don't you think?
I hate when I write something down explicitly at the beginning, going out of my way to make it a sentence on its own, and it's ignored. Because then I feel like my boundaries are being ignored, and I'm put on the spot. The feedback itself isn't what annoyed me so much as how it was done when I specifically asked for nobody to do that.

I don't view it as an atrocity; it's just a case where I need to assert my boundary because I was blatantly ignored, and I don't want it to keep happening.

Woah, I certainly didn't expect this reaction hahaha. No worries; there's no need to do any reviews. I saw your profile and saw that your novels were struggling to get views, so I just gave you a few pointers to appeal to readers on this page because you've uploaded quite a few videos that I found interesting. It was completely out of goodwill, not expecting anything in return. It was also something for others who might come to this thread to take into account when creating their novels.

I never said anything bad about your story, though, and I even pointed out multiple times that it is good, just a bit overcomplicated, so I don't know why you got angry about it. I'll refrain from doing anything similar in the future.

Also, don't take this comment as me being resentful or anything; I can't really portray "calmness" through words, hahaha. I didn't take offense, and as I said, I wasn't expecting a review, just a few first impressions. You can completely ignore the comment I made and continue with what you were doing! Have fun and good luck~.

Hoping you also don't take this comment badly,
Much love,
Mortrexo.

P.S. Even after I tried to rewrite it a few times, it still sounds passive-aggressive... T_T. Well, just know that it is not something like that, and I sincerely hope for your success. Have a great day~. <3

It's chill. It's less about anything said and more about the fact I outright said not to do things that way at the beginning. That's it. I don't care about what you said; it's how you did it, especially when you never even asked what I'm actually worried about. Add in asking me to then take a look at your stuff in the thread I setup explicitly to seek partnerships and I'm like "the fuck? Was I not clear?! Why was what I said at the beginning ignored?! I put it there for a reason!"

Dianna

Woah, I certainly didn't expect this reaction hahaha. No worries; there's no need to do any reviews. I saw your profile and saw that your novels were struggling to get views, so I just gave you a few pointers to appeal to readers on this page because you've uploaded quite a few videos that I found interesting. It was completely out of goodwill, not expecting anything in return. It was also something for others who might come to this thread to take into account when creating their novels.

I never said anything bad about your story, though, and I even pointed out multiple times that it is good, just a bit overcomplicated, so I don't know why you got angry about it. I'll refrain from doing anything similar in the future.

Also, don't take this comment as me being resentful or anything; I can't really portray "calmness" through words, hahaha. I didn't take offense, and as I said, I wasn't expecting a review, just a few first impressions. You can completely ignore the comment I made and continue with what you were doing! Have fun and good luck~.

Hoping you also don't take this comment badly,
Much love,
Mortrexo.

P.S. Even after I tried to rewrite it a few times, it still sounds passive-aggressive... T_T. Well, just know that it is not something like that, and I sincerely hope for your success. Have a great day~. <3

I hate when I write something down explicitly at the beginning, going out of my way to make it a sentence on its own, and it's ignored. Because then I feel like my boundaries are being ignored, and I'm put on the spot. The feedback itself isn't what annoyed me so much as how it was done when I specifically asked for nobody to do that.

I don't view it as an atrocity; it's just a case where I need to assert my boundary because I was blatantly ignored, and I don't want it to keep happening.

It's chill. It's less about anything said and more about the fact I outright said not to do things that way at the beginning. That's it. I don't care about what you said; it's how you did it, especially when you never even asked what I'm actually worried about. Add in asking me to then take a look at your stuff in the thread I setup explicitly to seek partnerships and I'm like "the fuck? Was I not clear?! Why was what I said at the beginning ignored?! I put it there for a reason!"
well, you did ask for a review(or in your words "feedback exchange") did you not? what does review and "feedback exchange" mean to you specifically? if your meaning of both are different from mine then I'll apologize

Last edited:

SailusGebel

well, you did ask for a review and "feedback exchange" did you not? what does review and "feedback exchange" mean to you specifically? if your meaning of reviewing is different from mine then I'll apologize
But before you post, here's the deal: this isn't a free feedback thread.

Also, make clear stuff with me first instead of just rushing to comment.
⡏⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠋⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠋⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠙⠉⠉⠉⠹
⡇⢸⣿⡟⠛⢿⣷⠀⢸⣿⡟⠛⢿⣷⡄⢸⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⡇⢸⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⡇⠀
⡇⢸⣿⣧⣤⣾⠿⠀⢸⣿⣇⣀⣸⡿⠃⢸⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⡇⢸⣿⣇⣀⣸⣿⡇⠀
⡇⢸⣿⡏⠉⢹⣿⡆⢸⣿⡟⠛⢻⣷⡄⢸⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⡇⢸⣿⡏⠉⢹⣿⡇⠀
⡇⢸⣿⣧⣤⣼⡿⠃⢸⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⡇⠸⣿⣧⣤⣼⡿⠁⢸⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⡇⠀
⣇⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣠⣀⡈⠉⣁⣀⣄⣀⣀⣀⣠⣀⣀⣀⣰
⣇⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿⡿⡿⣟⣟⢟⢟⢝⠵⡝⣿⡿⢂⣼⣿⣷⣌⠩⡫⡻⣝⠹⢿⣿⣷
⡆⣿⣆⠱⣝⡵⣝⢅⠙⣿⢕⢕⢕⢕⢝⣥⢒⠅⣿⣿⣿⡿⣳⣌⠪⡪⣡⢑⢝⣇
⡆⣿⣿⣦⠹⣳⣳⣕⢅⠈⢗⢕⢕⢕⢕⢕⢈⢆⠟⠋⠉⠁⠉⠉⠁⠈⠼⢐⢕⢽
⡗⢰⣶⣶⣦⣝⢝⢕⢕⠅⡆⢕⢕⢕⢕⢕⣴⠏⣠⡶⠛⡉⡉⡛⢶⣦⡀⠐⣕⢕
⡝⡄⢻⢟⣿⣿⣷⣕⣕⣅⣿⣔⣕⣵⣵⣿⣿⢠⣿⢠⣮⡈⣌⠨⠅⠹⣷⡀⢱⢕
⡝⡵⠟⠈⢀⣀⣀⡀⠉⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⢈⡋⠴⢿⡟⣡⡇⣿⡇⡀⢕
⡝⠁⣠⣾⠟⡉⡉⡉⠻⣦⣻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠸⣿⣦⣥⣿⡇⡿⣰⢗⢄
⠁⢰⣿⡏⣴⣌⠈⣌⠡⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣬⣉⣉⣁⣄⢖⢕⢕⢕
⡀⢻⣿⡇⢙⠁⠴⢿⡟⣡⡆⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣵⣵⣿
⡻⣄⣻⣿⣌⠘⢿⣷⣥⣿⠇⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣷⢄⠻⣿⣟⠿⠦⠍⠉⣡⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢸⣿⣦⠙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟
⡕⡑⣑⣈⣻⢗⢟⢞⢝⣻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠸⣿⠿⠃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁⣠
⡝⡵⡈⢟⢕⢕⢕⢕⣵⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠋⣀⣈⠙
⡝⡵⡕⡀⠑⠳⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⢉⡠⡲⡫⡪⡪⡣

Mortrexo

Well, sorry to say, but you were not clear, then. While you've placed "reach out to me." That's just the last setnence. The rest of the comment at the start is about a "no free feedback thread were I want to exchange opinions." So I did.
I admit, I didn't read the last sentence. However, the rest of the post does nto specify anything.
Next time, choose your title and the way you go into thigns better.

Then, the way you wrote those two points were clearly done maliciously.

Lastly, this is a forum where we are exchanging opinions, not your house. While I admit I might have not read everything and made a mistake. I can comment about your novel freely, and your reaction was clearly not appropiate.

Something like: "Thank you for the advice, but I'm not currently searching for something like that. I'll take it into account, though." Would've not only helped me understand that I made a mistake, but also showed a bit of understanding toward another person who clearly put some effort and gave you, a person clearly struggling to get views based on your Scribblehub Prfile, some valuable advice.

Regardless, this is the last message I do in this thread. Have a nice day.
I see that you continue being an ass. Like if you write a whole ass paragraph and you use two words to describe something as important as that, people miss it. Like myself. How about you copy it in the right letter size? It would be something like.

I'm diving back into offering feedback to writers eager to elevate their work. But before you post, here's the deal: this isn't a free feedback thread. I thrive on mutual support, so I'm looking for individuals ready to engage in a feedback exchange.
Also, make clear stuff with me first instead of just rushing to comment.

Last edited:

Dianna

that guy said "Exchange feedbacks"... who in their right mind wouldnt think that an EXCHANGE FEEDBACKS IS AN EXCHANGED OF FEEDBACKS???
BUT SURE OKAY FINE IM IN THE WRONG HUH OKAY SORRY
THERE HAPPY??

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
:blob_popcorn:

vs

I don't know, Wattson; something doesn't add up in this example here.

SailusGebel

that guy said "Exchange feedbacks"... who in their right mind wouldnt think that an EXCHANGE FEEDBACKS IS AN EXCHANGED OF FEEDBACKS???
BUT SURE OKAY FINE IM IN THE WRONG HUH OKAY SORRY
THERE HAPPY??
Anyone who can read. Did you only read "feedback exchange" and ignored everything else? The part where Marc said it's not free was before words "feedback exchange." I won't even comment on how you didn't read it fully. Just this part.

this isn't a free feedback thread. I thrive on mutual support, so I'm looking for individuals ready to engage in a feedback exchange.

I don't even know what to say here. Are you perhaps a bull while "feedback exchange" is your red, dangling cloth?

Mortrexo

"Oh no, he answered when he said he wouldn't anymore! That's going against the rules >.<, I wanted to be a smartass and miss what he wants to say and look smart >.<." That's how you sound now, Corty. How about we all act like adults and see things as they are? A mistake happened, but isntead of answering normally, he clearly wrote things maliciously when the mistake wasn't done just by me, but clearly Dianna did it as well, taking my side.

SailusGebel

"Oh no, he answered when he said he wouldn't anymore! That's going against the rules >.<, I wanted to be a smartass and miss what he wants to say and look smart >.<." That's how you sound now, Corty. How about we all act like adults and see things as they are? A mistake happened, but isntead of answering normally, he clearly wrote things maliciously when the mistake wasn't done just by me, but clearly Dianna did it as well, taking my side.
🤡

Corty

How about you read it again? Are you having reading issues now? "A typo, Oh no!"
Sorry, but I read what I read and responded to what was written, not what was edited.

You see, I can read just fine. I would have agreed with your response to Marc's first response because it was a bit more aggressive than usual.

But you see, let me do it your way then. People can have bad days. People can be frustrated, especially when their wishes get ignored. Multiple times. But then, just as he could have phrased it differently, you could also just go, oh, sorry, I didn't read/comprehend it. My bad.

But oh well.

It seems it was not me with a reading problem. Because you also acknowledged you didn't read it all.

Not that any of this matters because it is a kindergarten level of argument; I just find it funny and entertaining, that's all.

Mortrexo

Sorry, but I read what I read and responded to what was written, not what was edited.

You see, I can read just fine. I would have agreed with your response to Marc's first response because it was a bit more aggressive than usual.

But you see, let me do it your way then. People can have bad days. People can be frustrated, especially when their wishes get ignored. Multiple times. But then, just as he could have phrased it differently, you could also just go, oh, sorry, I didn't read/comprehend it. My bad.

But oh well.

It seems it was not me with a reading problem. Because you also acknowledged you didn't read it all.

Not that any of this matters because it is a kindergarten level of argument; I just find it funny and entertaining, that's all.
I do have reading problems. Did I deny them? If I didn't have them, I wouldn't have missed that sentence.

If other people hadn't commented on our discussion, it would've been fine. I also would've stopped if you all didn't come with sarcastic remarks and expect me to smile through them. As you said, people can have bad days. Yes? We are all humans here, not some zoo animals.

Whatever, though. It is the truth that this is just a stupid conversation.
I'm gone for real now. Have fun.

Corty

I do have reading problems. Did I deny them? If I didn't have them, I wouldn't have missed that sentence.
No, but you did try to insult me
How about you read it again? Are you having reading issues now? "A typo, Oh no!"
Because I reacted to your comment AND then you edited it, telling me I can't read.