What are some fantasy monsters?

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
That is because they stole.... well "repurposed" everyone else's mythological monsters and a few earlier fantasy stories mythologies. Tolkien's Lord of the Ring series and the Elric of Melnibone series by Moorcock for instance. Vorpal bunnies were from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
I was gonna say something similar to that, but yeah, Wizards of the Coast has reclassified and organized a myriad of monsters, deities, dragons, beasts, etc from a variety of cultures, lores, and stories.
I would only recommend the monster manual myself just because some of them have detailed information about specific attacks and what it can do.
also it’s organized by alphabetical order in monster type. Easy to navigate through in my opinion.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I was gonna say something similar to that, but yeah, Wizards of the Coast has reclassified and organized a myriad of monsters, deities, dragons, beasts, etc from a variety of cultures, lores, and stories.
I would only recommend the monster manual myself just because some of them have detailed information about specific attacks and what it can do.
also it’s organized by alphabetical order in monster type. Easy to navigate through in my opinion.
Ah, we're gonna have so many D&D monsters in stories not so far in the future.... xD

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
Ah, we're gonna have so many D&D monsters in stories not so far in the future.... xD
One of my stories is definitely gonna have D&D monsters in it. When the characters go through the dungeons, I run a mock battle on a map with minis and mock play the scene out. I write the outcomes out and then write the battle out. Of course that’s if I ever get the time to do that. I just get distracted easily

Localforeigner

Indian as in India, not Native American
Oh, yeah, I figured. I just meant the penanggalan is from Malay, Vietnam, Thailand and other nearby countries. I don't believe it is in Indian myths? Or I've never heard of it being connected to Indian mythology.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Oh, yeah, I figured. I just meant the penanggalan is from Malay, Vietnam, Thailand and other nearby countries. I don't believe it is in Indian myths? Or I've never heard of it being connected to Indian mythology.
Oh you know what, you're right. I knew it from Indonesia and the Philippines, not India.