What do you like about your writing?

doravg

109/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
I like the fact I can stomach reading it at a later point.

Verdante

I like that my writing is mine. It ain't a beauty, nor would it win any competition, but it is mine, my own accomplishment, and I am proud of it. Also, through writing, I can go down some weird ass rabbit hole on wiki, learning information that is less than useful, entertaining, or even shareable, and I LOVE learning.

I mean, c'mon, don't ya love it when you are 4 pages deep into the naval achieve, looking through the blueprint of a ship so that you can accurately describe the path your character took from the boiler to the mess hall? Or going through a folder of photos of osteosarcoma, scarring yourself so that you can write about some magical ailment with a similar effect? Or going through academic papers on the types of animal horns and their evolution path/need for a worldbuilding session?
Hahah I do the same thing! Though my rresearch stops at watching videos of experts talking about a particular topic instead of research papers

Verdante

I like it when I get some supportive comments and meet some new online buddies with similar interests through writing. Being someone who's not exactly a social person irl (and a bit inept at that, I'd even say) it really makes me happy to make some tiny friendships here and there.
That sounds fun! I’m glad you’re connecting with people of similar interests 💕

StarrGaze

I love those rare days when the words spill out without effort and feel RIGHT. That sense of accomplishment and reassurance is without comparison.

D

Deleted member 133647

I just saw a wholesome post on reddit and thought I should ask it here. What's your favorite thing about how you write? What do you like about the writing process? Aside from getting the views, I mean.
Comments, makes me happy.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
What's your favorite thing about how you write?
My writing has flare and personality. I have been told by at least three people now that my writing is theatrical. No, I don't entend to change that since I have fun!
What do you like about the writing process?
I like finding new ways to say things, or just putting my ideas into words. I have a vivid imagination, and I am glad there is a medium to capture that.