What does fairyland look like?

Scribbler

Now, I must preface this by saying I'm not asking you to write my story for me, or, that that isn't my intention.

What do you think of when you hear the word fairyland? Because you see, for me, I don't really think of anything. I don't really think of fairies as having homes or jobs they got to and come back from. They're more mystical or magical, right? More free spirited.

But here's my predicament, my story's about the defense of fairyland. So how am I supposed to show fairyland? Should I just have fairyland be the entirety of a forest? Like more of a country than a city? Yeah, okay, I'll do that.

Okay, more specifically, a MC is called to have an audience with the fairy queen, but what the hell is that supposed to look like? Isn't the whole entire nature of the fairies atypical to the hierarchal system of a monarch?

Moreover, what exactly is the nature of a fairy in the context of my story? Do they sleep? Do they eat? What do they do in their free time? When did everything get so fucking complicated? What have I wrought upon myself?

Fuck it, I'll just make it a hollow tree, like a council scene with the MC in the center of the room, the royal advisors will be at the seats beside the queen who'll be in the center seat. The queen will be not from a bloodline, but whoever is the most popular fairy of that generation. The hierarchical system will be more like a play thing they do because that's what they saw humans do. It'll just be their way of talking about important matters. Alright, now how would fairies decorate a council room...

Typing...

Look into the Celtic Otherworld, The 13th hour otherwise known as the witching hour, fireflies, and Hawthorne trees.

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
You can always try the smurf village aesthetic, With the fairy queen being a female papa smurf.

D

Deleted member 29316

Try gathering the common elements, then subvert it from there. You'll have a 'unique' fairyland in no time.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Now, I must preface this by saying I'm not asking you to write my story for me, or, that that isn't my intention.

What do you think of when you hear the word fairyland? Because you see, for me, I don't really think of anything. I don't really think of fairies as having homes or jobs they got to and come back from. They're more mystical or magical, right? More free spirited.

But here's my predicament, my story's about the defense of fairyland. So how am I supposed to show fairyland? Should I just have fairyland be the entirety of a forest? Like more of a country than a city? Yeah, okay, I'll do that.

Okay, more specifically, a MC is called to have an audience with the fairy queen, but what the hell is that supposed to look like? Isn't the whole entire nature of the fairies atypical to the hierarchal system of a monarch?

Moreover, what exactly is the nature of a fairy in the context of my story? Do they sleep? Do they eat? What do they do in their free time? When did everything get so fucking complicated? What have I wrought upon myself?

Fuck it, I'll just make it a hollow tree, like a council scene with the MC in the center of the room, the royal advisors will be at the seats beside the queen who'll be in the center seat. The queen will be not from a bloodline, but whoever is the most popular fairy of that generation. The hierarchical system will be more like a play thing they do because that's what they saw humans do. It'll just be their way of talking about important matters. Alright, now how would fairies decorate a council room...
They live in a forest and get high on weed.

when you hear the word fairyland
if I heard that... :blob_hmm_two: probably an oceanic island city... occupied by anthropomorphic boat-head people. their main source of trade is exporting their ability to transport people or goods over vast bodies of water... so to other countries they are like a hireable army of transporters

RedPanda

Fairyland is for me a surreal place and need to look like a peaceful dreamworld. Maybe a flower meadow with a single giant tree. Fairy flying and playing or sleeping on leafs or flowers. The queen sits in the shadow of the tree and overviews everything. Everything is possible! Just let your fantasy go wild 🥳

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Whenever I hear about some fairy land or what not, I think candy mountain... a land of sweats and joy..
Just be sure to leave your kidney behind

PS As for faries as a race in specific, a lot of people seem to think of faeries as "innocent" creatures that may play pranks and have harmless fun. But in reality, more accurate are faeries that are like a child with a magnifying glass on ants. Innocently cruel existences.

Last edited: