What is a system? Wuxia? Other terms I don't understand.

H0LL0W

I know what an isekai is. It's when any character is put into another world. From Konosuba to Alice in Wonderland, it's an isekai.
However I don't know a lot of online terms for these books. I would like help because it can help me avoid weird stuff and find good stuff. It can also help me get more views if I tag my stuff correctly, lol

Terms I need help with are:
  1. transmigration
  2. system
  3. Xianxia
  4. age regresion/progression(????)
  5. Wuxia
  6. Cultivation(???)
  7. Xuanhan

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I know what an isekai is. It's when any character is put into another world. From Konosuba to Alice in Wonderland, it's an isekai.
However I don't know a lot of online terms for these books. I would like help because it can help me avoid weird stuff and find good stuff. It can also help me get more views if I tag my stuff correctly, lol

Terms I need help with are:
  1. transmigration
  2. system
  3. Xianxia
  4. age regresion/progression(????)
  5. Wuxia
  6. Cultivation(???)
  7. Xuanhan
1. It's when a soul change to another body

2. It's a system like windows 98/XP/Visa/Seven/10, suddenly the MC have acces to windows screen who often give him/her quest/stats/class/level/any games thing, it's often put with Litrpg

3. Xianxia is a genre in the cultivation stories. It's a chinese fantasy story with a setting related to their myth and legends, the cultivation path (power system in that type of stories) are often related toward budhism, taoism or shintoism.

4. Age Regression is going back in time in the same body, but with the memories of the futur self intact. Progression just mean Progression story. Be it progression in level way for a Litrpg or in term of age of the character or the character improving himself over time rather than aquiring rapid growth, usually through training. (I may be wrong on the Progression one)

5; Wuxia is a genre in the cultivation stories. Its a chinese fantasy story with a "Hero" fighting against evil, the cultivation path differ depending on each stories.

6. You use the Wuxia and Xianxia above and add the Xuanhuan genre who is using chinese fantasy setting with another, often a western setting, the cultivation path can be a lot of different thing in this genre. To form the Three big genre in cultivation stories, but to simplify it, a cultivation story imply to use the energy of the universe to strenghten it's on body until (often) reaching Godhood/Immortality.

7. Well you have the answer in the 6.

Last edited:

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
*Went to ChatGPT*
*Asked, What dis mean???*

Certainly! Here are explanations for each of the terms you provided:

1. **Transmigration**: In literature, transmigration usually refers to the concept of a soul or consciousness moving from one body to another after death, or sometimes during life. It's a common theme in certain genres of fiction, especially in stories involving reincarnation or alternate realities.

2. **System**: In various contexts, "system" can refer to different things. In gaming or fiction, a system often denotes a set of rules, mechanics, or procedures governing a particular aspect of the story or world. For example, a "leveling system" in a video game dictates how characters gain experience points and progress in abilities.

3. **Xianxia**: Xianxia is a genre of Chinese fantasy literature. It typically involves themes of immortality, martial arts, cultivation, and mythical elements. Xianxia stories often feature characters striving to become immortal or achieve extraordinary powers through cultivation and martial arts training.

4. **Age regression/progression**: These terms are often used in the context of certain genres of fiction, especially in stories involving time travel, magic, or supernatural elements. Age regression refers to a character reverting to a younger age, either physically or mentally. Age progression, on the other hand, refers to a character aging or advancing in age beyond their current state.

5. **Wuxia**: Wuxia is another genre of Chinese fiction, often focusing on martial arts, chivalry, and adventures in ancient China. Wuxia stories typically feature skilled martial artists, honor-bound heroes, and epic battles. Unlike Xianxia, which often incorporates elements of fantasy and mythology, Wuxia stories tend to be more grounded in reality.

6. **Cultivation**: In the context of Chinese fantasy literature, cultivation refers to the practice of refining one's body, mind, and spirit to achieve supernatural abilities or immortality. Characters in cultivation stories often engage in rigorous training, meditation, and the absorption of spiritual energy to advance through different levels of cultivation.

7. **Xuanhuan**: Xuanhuan is a subgenre of Chinese fantasy literature that blends elements of traditional fantasy with elements of Chinese mythology and folklore. Xuanhuan stories often feature supernatural powers, mythical creatures, and epic adventures set in fantastical worlds inspired by Chinese culture and mythology.
Welcome to the future.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I think chatgpt confused Wuxia stories and Murim Stories
Bah.
Take a handful of change.
Toss it down a stairwell.
Record the sounds and make them characters (Ching Ping, for example)
Ask the CCP to write you a script.
That's most Wuxia and murim stories.
ChatGPT is too woke to say that, however.

Sleds

Bah.
Take a handful of change.
Toss it down a stairwell.
Record the sounds and make them characters (Ching Ping, for example)
Ask the CCP to write you a script.
That's most Wuxia and murim stories.
ChatGPT is too woke to say that, however.
That make me laugh, and maybe you write to said that it's "most" stories of that genre, but still there some great stories in those genre and they're not really the same, but since most don't use these genres correctly with the other two (maybe me too) a lot of authors have just decided to use two or three of them directly.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
4. Age Regression is going back in time in the same body, but with the memories of the futur self intact. Progression just mean Progression story. Be it progression in level way for a Litrpg or in term of age of the character or the character improving himself over time rather than aquiring rapid growth, usually through training. (I may be wrong on the Progression one)
In GB stories age regression and progression don’t necessarily have to do with time travel. I think there’s that one manga that’s popular where that guy gets turned into a little girl. You can trust me because I’m a degen who actually enjoys gb stories.

Also while I’m here can someone explain Murim and Heavenly Demon to me?

Sleds

In GB stories age regression and progression don’t necessarily have to do with time travel. I think there’s that one manga that’s popular where that guy gets turned into a little girl. You can trust me because I’m a degen who actually enjoys gb stories.

Yes, I forgot to said that it not only for time travel, it can also be just a regression in age without the time traveling shit.
Murim is martial arts stories who are close to reality, but set in different time period or AU asia.

Heavenly Demon is a character trope. Those characters often embodies a complex blend of qualities that straddle the line between good and evil, typically possessing immense power, charisma, and a sense of mystery.

H0LL0W

A story where the character is younger with all their memories intact sounds kinda funny.
It seems like a great premise for a plot, like a witch putting a curse on someone lol.

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
1. It's when a soul change to another body

2. It's a system like windows 98/XP/Visa/Seven/10, suddenly the MC have acces to windows screen who often give him/her quest/stats/class/level/any games thing, it's often put with Litrpg

3. Xianxia is a genre in the cultivation stories. It's a chinese fantasy story with a setting related to their myth and legends, the cultivation path (power system in that type of stories) are often related toward budhism, taoism or shintoism.

5; Wuxia is a genre in the cultivation stories. Its a chinese fantasy story with a "Hero" fighting against evil, the cultivation path differ depending on each stories.

6. You use the Wuxia and Xianxia above and add the Xuanhuan genre who is using chinese fantasy setting with another, often a western setting, the cultivation path can be a lot of different thing in this genre. To form the Three big genre in cultivation stories, but to simplify it, a cultivation story imply to use the energy of the universe to strenghten it's on body until (often) reaching Godhood/Immortality.

7. Well you have the answer in the 6.
Combine system, Xianxia, and comedy and you get one of my favorites

SailusGebel

Combine system, Xianxia, and comedy and you get one of my favorites