What is the genre called Psychology or something like that?

MasterHiatus

I am back
Okay! I just wanna say thank you for the prescription you gave me and I thought of a new idea but I have one new question.
What is Psychological genre?
Is it a genre in which the reader's mind will be played by the story or the story will have psychological elements in it?

I need to know that since I am turning my research into a novel :) :blobthumbsup:

Ral

I believe that psychological fiction are those that explores the mind. A deep look into the psychology of your character. How things affect them mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

I don't think it really means that it plays with the reader's mind, though it can do that especially when used in horror.

DubstheDuke

Yeah I think when a story has psychological genre, it is typically associated with some sort of dark reaches of the mind.

Emotional trauma.

People being put under extreme stress and tension.

Perhaps even to the point of insanity.

When a story is psychological, I don't think it's going to be all flowers and rainbows. While there are some that do end up being lighter, I would say that it always has some sort of emotional drama at the very least for it to be considered psychological.