What is the optimal time to upload?

MasFaqih

Normal White Cat | Fluffy | Can bite really hard
So ive been noticed lately, that The time you upload your chapter affect the number who can see your novel, so, what your optimal time?.

melchi

What is a custom title?
There are two schools of thought for this.

1.) A busy time
2.) A not busy time.

A busy time (most of the readers are in USA) would be good to show up on the latest update page when a lot of people are looking at it.

A not busy time (like in the middle of the night in america) means that the chapter will stay on the front page for longer. Because less people updating means less competition to get bumped off.

Verdict?
Upload whenever you feel like it.

Last edited:

J_Chemist

Today. Now. Tomorrow. Then. Maybe at that time. Oh, maybe it was 5 minutes ago.

Ah, it could also have been 20, I'm not sure. My memory is not like it used to be.

GabrielTenma

When the chap is finished, then I'll post it. I don't really care about the time.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
Here's another guide from your fellow countrymen:

Your work will be in the latest release part of the Scribble Hub home menu as you posted it. Also, it doesn't matter when you'll post a chap cuz the readers here are spread out widely.

I mean, you could get a nigerian reader for your Yuri.

IanWhite2105

So ive been noticed lately, that The time you upload your chapter affect the number who can see your novel, so, what your optimal time?.
Look up website traffic statistics. There are almost always readily available for any website and that would give you the best frame of reference. You should pick a time that you think is good, upload 20 chapters over the course of a few days or weeks, and if you don’t see a good page view increase then change the time to a different time that you think is good. Repeat that until you notice a specific time which has the highest page views. Also note any variables that could change the results. Are you uploading during holidays, weekends or weekdays, the intended audience’s average schedule, etc…

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
If you upload between 3 and 6 pm US time, your story usually takes 15-25 minutes to appear on the front page. Any other time, it can be even up there for an hour.

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
1, We aren't giving away our secrets.
2, My real answer: The same time daily.

seriously, as long as it's consistent, that's all that really matters. Take advantage of scheduling chapters for this. Same time, same days. If you have multiple series, plan for them to be on different days so you're not fighting with yourself for views.

I have two active series at the moment. My primary uploads every tuesday and thursday, and my secondary uploads every saturday. I also add an occasional shout-out to my other series every few chapters (usually every 5 or so).

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
I do 12pm central us time. It gets it up there for lunchtime breaks for 2 or 3 time zones in the US, and the chapter is up for readers when they get home. That said, like 35% of my readers are on other continents, so....

Hans.Trondheim

Hans off, please!
While knowing the time when the site's traffic is the busiest can help you with exposure, that isn't a guarantee it will help your story catch a Trending spot or increase the readers.

ScribbleHub is fairly well-known in the writing community (often paired up with RoyalRoad), thus, many of its users and audiences not only come from the Western half of the globe, but including the East as well. Hence, a definitive 'busiest site traffic time' is up for speculation and observation.

I know some authors whose work gained followers at different times of the day, as well as a stretch of several months, sometimes even years. There are also those who slowly got famous for uploading consistently, and getting known through 'word-of-mouth'/recommendations.

This is why I'd like to raise the point that the answer to this thread will depend on the day and time your potential readers will come here. That's why, it's safe to recommend to upload your chapter at different times and days, so you can maximize its exposure, instead of just a set of hours.

I mean, we can set the automatic release of chapters anyway, why not use it?

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
Consistency only matters to your readers. If you regularly post at 10 PM EST, your readers will know when to visit your page.

The site has readers from various regions 24/7, so times vary. However, books have a statistics page to use for data inference.