What is your favorite source of power in action stories?

What flavor of power do you like?

• Ki

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Aura

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mana

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Emotion (Resolution, greed, hatred, lust, etc)

• Mind (psionics)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Only Muscles

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Charisma

• Technology (guns and explosives)

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Friendship

• Money

• Exaggerated physics (like Air Gear)

• Pact with patron (summons, deities, spirits, devils, or eldritch beings) a.k.a sugar daddy

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Chakra

• Seminal fluids

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Blood

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
All action stories need a vehicle for incredible violence and pretext to power-up the MC. Which one is your favorite one?

I enjoy some comedy trope where the MC overpowers magic with brute strength such as :
  • Survival Story Of A Sword King In A Fantasy World
  • Mashle: Magic and Muscles
  • Magic? Muscle Is Much More Important Than Such a Thing!
  • Kemonomichi

But for serious stories, I think I prefer "Pact with patron". This is pretty large as it puts D&D paladins and warlock in the same bag. The price of these power being paid in alternative ways other than mana but by concrete action and worship sounds like it has so much more potential than just giving a long rest and be full power again.

In Second Coming of Gluttony, I think that priests had it a bit rough as their strongest rituals not only used mana but also destroyed relics that were limited in the entire setting. Without any sacrifices, they were basically D&D clerics but with only their at-will powers.

In Darker than Black, the mechanisms of contractors were pretty interesting and didn't look completely unmanageable.

Please share your favorite source of power~!

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
All sorts of supernatural energies really, but I went with mana cause it's the most iconic singular one.

Aoi_Sora

Where's seminal fluids when you need them?
I have read some kind of BS WN where the MC needs that kind of fluid to battle lust-monsters. I forgot the title because I don't want to read that again.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
Where's seminal fluids when you need them?
I have read some kind of BS WN where the MC needs that kind of fluid to battle lust-monsters. I forgot the title because I don't want to read that again.
Alright, added it lmao

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
sperm.jpg

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
Blood. Go vamp or go home.

Added it.

I hesitated because it sounded pretty limited to vampires. But I just realized that blood carrying supernatural power is super cool like in Bloodborne

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Pacts. Easy way to get to high power levels with a high difficulty ceiling.

Also it's technically not your power so there's an easy way to torment characters by taking those Powers away from them.

Mephi

Added it.

I hesitated because it sounded pretty limited to vampires. But I just realized that blood carrying supernatural power is super cool like in Bloodborne
Honestly probably should be combined with seminal and other bodily / spiritual fluids