Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arch Linux (oh no)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • TempleOS

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Tempokai

Overworked One
My ye olde PC HDD had died. I ordered an external SSD to "temporarily" replace it. It will be delivered tomorrow. Now, I'm stuck in choosing OS for it.

First, Windows. Ded HDD had windows 7 installed in it, and... let's say it ran like a dying tortoise during a half marathon in a Gobi desert. I can pirate win10 stripped down version without the bloatware, but it's too much hassle because it will be run on USB 2.0 connection and probably SSD will die faster than I expect it.

So, it is Linux time. I use Ubuntu on a USB stick for now, and while it's clean, I for some reason get squashfs errors seldom, so I don't know. Maybe it's just my problem, it still runs slow like the old HDD that died.

Another is Linux Mint, but I never used it. They say it's faster than Ubuntu, and it's just like Windows, but it's harder than Ubuntu, they say.

What I will do with the old PC? Write, browse the Net, and probably play Terraria and other 10+ old games on it. What to choose?

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Why not buy a one time key for windows 10 for something between 10-20$?

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
you can buy windows one time key for few cents
I heard microsoft has been trying to move their strategy to make money (like trying to get you a microsoft email acount and selling your data lmao)

we don't even know your criteria for choosing the OS so why dont you throw darts to choose?

Tempokai

Overworked One
we don't even know your criteria for choosing the OS so why dont you throw darts to choose?
Okay, the problem is that I have only 100 GB of space on SSD and I need to conserve disk space and cope with the fact that max speed will be 50 mb/s due USB 2.0 ports, I need smallest OS but at same time enough to perform what I listed than old hdd.

Also, win10 keys for cents? I need to find about it.