What other novels were you inspired by for your current WIP(s)?

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
It was a web novel I read a while ago. I don't remember the name, but the premise was basic. Two siblings: a brother gifted at magic and the hero, and a sister who is abused but turns out to be good at something (alchemy). Things change for her. However, the girl, the protagonist, wasn't whom I was interested in—but a maid. Unlike her, she wasn't gifted, yet she'd read and write in her spare time without any prior education history for a better future. When it turned out the protagonist is a genius and could breeze through difficult books she couldn't despite being older, it created a barrier. I wanted to explore what it was like from her point of view. The feeling of being betrayed; inferiority; shame; unjust.

After several brain-storming sessions, the concept was revised into something drastically different, and the premise of 'The Runaway Girl' was born.
I don't think there have been any other media that inspired me in any major way besides my own experience as a person, but the overall vibe I wanted to capture was that of 'The Lonely Castle In The Mirror.'

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
The rhapsody of me and her, to me. This story is the only one that has inspire me to grab that pen and go writting.

nemonusquam_

Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Hellboy, Jujutsu Kaisen, Neverwhere and American Gods.
Been working on my WIP for so long that I can't believe that I'll finally post the first chapter on the 14th! 🥲