What sci-fi tropes/clichés do you hate/love the most

LAJistics

Is it gay, if it's with a futa?
Hate the AI will turn evil and massacre all of humanity trope.

Would humans as distrusting as we are, really leave no way to control or destroy something we have little understanding of?

Also, why does it seem a single explosive can solve a being that should have the entirety of the knowledge of humans?

Did the AI not think of some more prudent countermeasures? Like that laser room in resident evil, bring that shit in as a defence mechanism.

Menilik

Also, what I hate about the whole sci-fi shit is just the superpositioning of RL crap onto space. Pirates... IN SPACE! World Government... IN SPACE! Samurai Ninja... IN SPACE!
Tell me about it. Whenever I start reading a story and it's just 'pirates in space' I switch right off. Like I want something creative in my sci-fi.
Although I guess there's a big market for it if a lot of people are doing it.

Same here. Big fan of aliens that are actually, well, alien.
One of my pet peeves is when a story's alien species are just "human but blue," "human with horns," etc. It's boring. It doesn't stop me from enjoying a series, but it definitely makes me less interested in your aliens.
You should check out my story. In like 5 chapters my MC's will meet aliens and I went out of my way to make them, well alien. And with that comes the challenge of 'how do you start to communicate with a species that is soo different'.

Hate the AI will turn evil and massacre all of humanity trope.

Would humans as distrusting as we are, really leave no way to control or destroy something we have little understanding of?

Also, why does it seem a single explosive can solve a being that should have the entirety of the knowledge of humans?

Did the AI not think of some more prudent countermeasures? Like that laser room in resident evil, bring that shit in as a defence mechanism.
I find this super believable. Like I can totally picture Google going crazy bad and turning on us.

Yetano

e3n.jpg

Salter: "You have feelings, Ethan?"
E3N: "I do Lieutenant, I do. I carry the brain of a human farmer." E3N seconds before dunking the Lieutenant, wittily. (COD : IW)

bt 7274.jpg

BT: "Wind: 3 knots, heading 274, Range: 95 meters, Projectile mass: 89 kilograms." The towering figure finished his calculations, and somehow despite only made of dead things, his eyes resonate the word 'Confident'. "Trust Me." (Titanfall 2)

... There's a reason the two failing FPS of 2016 gets to be remembered, and to put it in short, it's 'Brobots', <3 (Totally my original term, do not steal, I'm watching 24/7/365).

Attachments

• e3n.jpg
    e3n.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 24
  • bt 7274.jpg
    bt 7274.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Peredur

Over the course of two days I checked out two stories at random, at different times of day. Both were pretty new.
Both started as an amnesiac protagonist wakes up in a casket-like box, both were in a creepy facility, both protagonists recalled they were highly capable despite being amnesiac, both were immediately given weapons and thrown out and both had to deal with other people in the same situation as they were.
I don't have a problem with it. It was just a strange one in a million chance that the two works I check out on different days happened to start the exact same way. It's funny to me. Makes me wonder what media the authors shared to come up with the same idea. I just imagine some popular new anime beginning that way and that's why that happened.