What was your first story you wrote?

Lysander_Works

Oh God. This. So much this. It doesn't even have to be that long ago. Like any other skill, the more you practice, it improves, and you look back at your older works and go 'what'.
Fr. I even have one full novel that I discontinued, locked up in a folder, encrypted and hid it, and never looked back. I don't want to open it it :blob_whistle:

KuruKinaar

excluding school projects, such as essays, My first ever actual story was about a wolf that ends up going on an adventure and saving a hunter. By the end, said wolf is granted a human soul by a god, and turns into a woman that the hunter marries.

did it as part of my composition class. Teacher asked if she could show it around (in exchange for me being excused from the assignment for a few days, as I wouldn't have my comp. book). I agreed. She herself was a published author, she showed it to a few friends who were authors, publishers, and editors. She showed it to her son who was, at the time, attending college for a creative writing degree.

She said everyone loved it. She asked to send it to her publisher via her agent (she was published under a sister company to Penguin, to my understanding). I ultimately declined because at the time I didn't want to be a writer. And now I'm kicking myself because it could've been a great start to a career that now, I'm striving to break into properly.
I was so afraid that story was going into her stealing your book, I'm glad that didn't happen.
Sometimes we pass opportunities because of so many reasons. I'm sorry that happened :( But one day you can accomplish that if you strive for it! It's great that the story was heavily liked by so many people.

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
I was so afraid that story was going into her stealing your book, I'm glad that didn't happen.
Sometimes we pass opportunities because of so many reasons. I'm sorry that happened :( But one day you can accomplish that if you strive for it! It's great that the story was heavily liked by so many people.
at the time, i was planning to join the military. I got rejected for health reasons, and spent years in a sort of daze. it's just relatively recently I got back into writing, and I'm growing considerably faster than I thought I would, actually, so I'm getting there :blob_joy:

KuruKinaar

at the time, i was planning to join the military. I got rejected for health reasons, and spent years in a sort of daze. it's just relatively recently I got back into writing, and I'm growing considerably faster than I thought I would, actually, so I'm getting there :blob_joy:
Hell yeah! Congrats! Sorry to hear about the military part :( But hey, writing is fun to do, and benefits when your writing kicks of haha. Much luck to you <3

Lynet

My first story I remember from 6th grade where we had to write a story. I wrote what about a guy time travelling back and repeating a line from the start. I remember being inspired but not what was the inspiration.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
Umm this one. https://www.scribblehub.com/series/622748/transmigrated-as-a-villans-older-brother/

It was my very first one after wanting to write something.. the problem with it is as follows. Basically I wrote myself in a corner when i made it extremely slow burner. Added the fact that I had no plans to where the direction of the story was heading. After getting roasted on royal road for a lot of mistakes ( let's be honest it was bad when I first started) I stopped writing it. Though I do go back and revise part after part.

Hopefully I'll try to give it a conclusion as soon as I get back to writtng

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
The first time I posted my story? It took me a lot of courage, and I posted it in RR of all places! What was I thinking!?

The story is an urban fantasy fiction about mages with a rather elaborate power system, set in a distant post-war Earth when the mages who have protected mankind from behind the scenes have decided they had enough, and they wanted to be gods. The protagonist is an entertainer from the 21st century who uses magic tricks to amuse people. After encountering real magic thanks to his clumsy girlfriend, he and her ends up petrified into stone. The next thing the protagonist knows is that he is being taught magic by a Magic Police in a cargo box while still petrified. The protagonist later is freed from the petrification and wakes up on the post-war Earth where the mages have established a new status quo... It is quite a story, posted it first time in RR. My grammar was terrible back then, and I had to rewrite it several times. I gave it the title 'Everlasting Mage' cuz I couldn't think of any better name anymore... I wanted Long Living Sage but sounded weird to me.

My story back then received terrible stars because of the grammar, but after receiving help, advice, and encouragement from RR readers, I managed to rewrite the whole story for the first time and then reposted it... It then received roughly 4 stars (a big improvement). Though the story doesn't attract much traffic, I was receiving a nice response from the comment sections finally.

I am currently rewriting the Everlasting Mage since I forgot my RR account's password and everything... I am currently aiming for 4.5 stars. The reason I got 4 stars is my grammar issues, to begin with... Apparently, I screwed up with the tenses this time.

Last edited:

Sagacious_Punk

Resident solarpunk
excluding school projects, such as essays, My first ever actual story was about a wolf that ends up going on an adventure and saving a hunter. By the end, said wolf is granted a human soul by a god, and turns into a woman that the hunter marries.

did it as part of my composition class. Teacher asked if she could show it around (in exchange for me being excused from the assignment for a few days, as I wouldn't have my comp. book). I agreed. She herself was a published author, she showed it to a few friends who were authors, publishers, and editors. She showed it to her son who was, at the time, attending college for a creative writing degree.

She said everyone loved it. She asked to send it to her publisher via her agent (she was published under a sister company to Penguin, to my understanding). I ultimately declined because at the time I didn't want to be a writer. And now I'm kicking myself because it could've been a great start to a career that now, I'm striving to break into properly.
Talk about shooing off the golden birdie when it lands on your shoulder. Most writers would've killed for such an opportunity. Career writing fiction right out of the gate!

I did a similar mistake at 20, when I rejected what could have been the start of a political career. I was hired at the local municipality as a PR assistant to the mayor. After 10 months, I walked away from the job, turned off from the pervasive bureaucratic apathy and lack of actual work. Man, if only I had been a few years wiser... but as always, hindsight is 20/20.

Attempted to get a job at the UN recently (with connections), trying to re-kindle that path (like you), but the staggering amount of corruption and incompetence was so much that I simply ended up walking away again. I've been disillusioned with contemporary human civilization ever since.

Seaspecter

The only story I have ever written, and probably ever will write, is the one I have posted on this site. I'm not the most creative person in the world and honestly, I'm surprised I've stuck with it this long.

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
Ooooh… It was a fanfic of Date a Live over at Wattpad that's is still up. :blob_blank:

Now i have gotten somewhat better, I just look at it now and think
Wtf was I smoking when I wrote that? :blob_shock: