What would you call these characters?

avaseofpeonies

your cool weird auntie
In terms of character function labels.

I have a female protagonist and her love interest. Normally you would call those MC/ ML or FL/ ML.

Then there's a second couple, who are also core main cast, and they are both male. Are there terms I can apply to them to indicate their functional positions? Does "second ML" always have a romantic connotation toward the FL? One of these is her brother, and they are both very gay, so no. If not, could these be 2nd and 3rd MLs? Or a secret other thing?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
I suppose just refer to them as the other couple if they're not trying to get into the main couple; if they are trying to get with the MC then refer to them as other love interests. or their names, that might work as well

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
MC (Main character) / FL (Female lead), her love interest are the MMC (Male Main character), the other are just second characters.

J_Chemist

This is one of those "be creative" situations. So long as you can properly define/reference each couple/character, then there's no real ruleset to follow. They're all technically Leads and depending on their screen time they could all technically be "Main Characters".

That MC moniker only shifts if a certain character is at the center of the web. If it's across a core cast, then they all fit the bill.

Ranking them is a way to do it if you want to do so, but know it might subconsciously sway how readers view the character. I e; if you say "he's number 2", then it may be perceived as number 2 will never be as good as number 1. Some people can be weird like that, even if it means nothing.