What would you expect when you read my book title?

Sovrign

Title : Academy Nerd [ Isekai LitRPG Progression ]
Can you share hare your expectations when encountering a book title like Academy Nerd [Isekai LitRPG Progression]

If you want there is a blurb(But try not to use it at first):
Nova, a scrappy orphan boy, dreamed of wielding magic that could shake the world. With a scholarship in hand, he set his sights on the prestigious Magic Academy. No obstacle would deter him as he sought to master spells and enchantments, ready to challenge any nobles or elites who trampled on him.
Unfortunately for him, he died, and now I'm stuck in his body.
Nobles? Run the hell away from them.
Princes & Princesses? No thanks, I have an awesome magical energy to study.
Unfortunately for me, my talents and skills are Legendary!
And every decent powerhouse wants to know about the new Prodigy.

I'm conducting this discussion in all the sites I post my story and would like to get some ideas of what are people's expectation from encountrying my story. I wanted a personalized opinion so feel free to share.

Drama: Character development focused?
Action: LitRPG and stats point focused?
Adventure: World building and Dungeon raiding?
Slice of Life: Library and Academy Life?
Others???

I know it's a blend of all the above and I need a balance but what I want is what should be my selling point? The main part? As a reader perspective.

2wordsperminute

This might just be a me thing, but I don't think you need to put the isekai litrpg progression thing in the title (at least not unless you treat it as part of the title like light novels with long titles) since it's already going to be in the tags.

Sovrign

Without blurb. Something generic.
With blurb. RR readers will get a stiffy after reading the blurb.
Why would they get stiffy? Cause they want More fighting-focused?

This might just be a me thing, but I don't think you need to put the isekai litrpg progression thing in the title (at least not unless you treat it as part of the title like light novels with long titles) since it's already going to be in the tags.
It's an RR thing so I might remove it for other sites.

fluffypie374

I would imagine it would be a guy with an overpowered system geared toward learning, and he uses it to faceslap others in every aspect from music to grades to picking up beauties... and since it's on scribblehub, we'll get some juicy bang bang with gun mastery and pew pew assassination of the hearts and bodies of women... :blob_evil:

Sovrign

I would imagine it would be a guy with an overpowered system geared toward learning, and he uses it to faceslap others in every aspect from music to grades to picking up beauties... and since it's on scribblehub, we'll get some juicy bang bang with gun mastery and pew pew assassination of the hearts and bodies of women... :blob_evil:
A system geared toward learning... Maybe I could change some skills for that.

Juicy bang bang... I guess that's the ScribbleHub style. Sadly it's not sexual... But thanks for the explanation.

SailusGebel

Damn folks, I know I told people to be opinionated, but give a short one-line why. Tell me even the first thing that comes as a reason. Is it the book or your preference?
I get a feeling that MC will be extremely one-dimensional, and hyperfocused on one goal, strength(numbers go brrr). I feel like the book won't utilize all range of emotions and feelings a human possess in case of MC, which makes me disinterested in reading this journey. While the fact it is yet another academy story with magic doesn't leave any chance for the story to be interesting in my eyes. I would've given it a try if the setting were interesting. As is, never.

Sovrign

I get a feeling that MC will be extremely one-dimensional, and hyperfocused on one goal, strength(numbers go brrr). I feel like the book won't utilize all range of emotions and feelings a human possess in case of MC, which makes me disinterested in reading this journey. While the fact it is yet another academy story with magic doesn't leave any chance for the story to be interesting in my eyes. I would've given it a try if the setting were interesting. As is, never.

Huh... Never expected that. That was right in front of my eyes. Damn, now I feel like I wrote in the wrong genre.

But maybe I should've given a try to something like Apocalypse Nerd. Like an average RR system apocalypse, earth integration with a nerd personality. That could have the interesting factor, likely starting with the Ruins of a City, infested with monsters and all necessary survival items pillaged by the previous dwellers, leaving nonsurvival items like books behind in their haste to flee from whatever disaster.

Other than daydreaming. Instead, I need to add some spice to my current novel. The MC of my current novel actually doesn't like to do Numbers go burr as it attracts attention from the powerhouses, so maybe I need to remove that hyperfocused line like 'I have a new magical energy to study'. My story was going to be character-focused, and now I feel I didn't convey it.

Thanks for the thought @SailusGebel

I feel like the mc would be a classic introvert.
Yep, maybe not that classic introvert with problems caused due to powerhouses.

Last edited:

SailusGebel

Huh... Never expected that. That was right in front of my eyes. Damn, now I feel like I wrote in the wrong genre.

But maybe I should've given a try to something like Apocalypse Nerd. Like an average RR system apocalypse, earth integration with a nerd personality. That could have the interesting factor, likely starting with the Ruins of a City, infested with monsters and all necessary survival items pillaged by the previous dwellers, leaving nonsurvival items like books behind in their haste to flee from whatever disaster.

Other than daydreaming. Instead, I need to add some spice to my current novel. The MC of my current novel actually doesn't like to do Numbers go burr as it attracts attention from the powerhouses, so maybe I need to remove that hyperfocused line like 'I have a new magical energy to study'. My story was going to be character-focused, and now I feel I didn't convey it.

Thanks for the thought @SailusGebel
Err, no. You did not write in the wrong genre. There are people who absolutely love these type of stories. Like RR. If you go in-depth into your magic system, litrpg elements and worldbuilding, they will probably like it.

It's just something I won't find interesting. Like, I won't read apocalypse either. It's not unique in my eyes. Now, if you go full medieval middle eastern setting, with influence of arabian folktales, I would've definetely given it a try.

As for "numbers go brrr" I exagerrated a bit since it is LitRPG. The point was that MC is focused on gaining power, the means of gaining it doesn't matter to me. It can be through game-like grinding, cultivation, research, or whatever else, I don't care.

ACertainPassingUser

Change "Academy Nerd"

Into "Isekai Idol Academy Nerd"

Change Protagonist to female and add the genre of "Females only", as in the other MC is females.

Change the story into "MC is a nerdy girl in magic academy in fantasy world filled woth Isekaied girl like herself"

Now copy some elements from "bocchi the rock" to make it even more funny.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion

Damn folks, I know I told people to be opinionated, but give a short one-line why. Tell me even the first thing that comes as a reason. Is it the book or your preference?
Preference, my b