When to add Kofi/Patreon/Paypal?

JimVStan

Would it be presumptuous to add Kofi, Patreon, or Paypal to my author page immediately? Would it be better to wait until I posted some chapters or started to gain a following?

Which of the three would you recommend to someone new to online tipping?

prognastat

Put it whenever you feel like you'll be consistent in providing content. As for which to use. Why not all? Diversify. Also not everyone likes using all of the platforms so offering multiple can be good.

Temple

It's better to wait if you already have rewards already because that's what people want. Or, you're going to announce it twice.

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
I started mine up not long after I started my story. It started out with 2/4/6 chapters ahead on the $2/$5/$10 tier. No one thought that was worth it (and I agree). Over time I slowly built up more and more chapters ahead, I'm now at 8/16/24 chapters ahead with 19 patrons (and I owe another 1/2/3 additional). I also have a Ko-Fi, although no one has used it yet. I have about 5 individuals who resubscribe every 2/3 months once they've gotten a large enough backlog (since 24 chapters is now about 2 months worth of publishing for me). They see it as a value investment at that point, and I don't mind since it's money I wouldn't get otherwise.

placeintime

Yeeting myself out
You can put it in whenever you want. I think the thing to keep mindful of is have a reserve of chapters. Like, if your doing chapters ahead. Beyond that, you should have like a week or two( maybe a month) ahead of that to give you more freedom. ^w^