When...

doravg

109/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
When you get one whole Google Docs page with just 4 mistakes in it. It was the page you cycled through. But damn, just 4 mistakes are astonishing! I normally have around 16 per page. I need to write a lot more words, before the exam comes. A ton of a lot more.
On the plus side, my latest Project has earned two kudos!
Literally me in Wattpad, someone said my story is interesting but I saw my recent chapter gets 0 views
Keep pushing, maybe change the sites if you need to. When you have enough books out there so that people get curios enough to give you a chance, the views will come and rain down on you like cats and dogs!
PS: Never understood why the English-speaking people think it is normal to say that it rains cats and dogs. But I always found it fun to say. XD

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
When you should be writing your backlog for release, but after finishing a chapter and your inspiration takes a hike...
When you have two readers that routinely comment, but you routinely get 50+ reads, so you remind people to comment or vote or share, etc and they still refuse to :unsure:
So freakin' relatable.
I mean.
I don't remind people.
I just die emotionally and then adore and pour over my routine readers' comments like a proud parent whose day has just been made.

doravg

When the BL Witch of the depths curses you with a good day full of joy and writing!

doravg

When I got 4 kudos on my new project and 100 views for just 10 chapters, which I thought impossible. My secret? I dipped the smut in emotions and sensuality. Toned it down considerably, too.
So, I wish you all a good day! Make sure you get some workouts in during your day, or even just walking! We authors must move, to keep our brains sharp. I don't know about you, but I plan to still be writing stories in my 100s!

doravg

When you see that someone has binge read your very first attempt of writing. Even though the chapters are long, the grammar is cringe, and the novel is dark.
All hail our Supreme Overlord: The binge reader!
(Yes, I could fix all of these points, but this book is something I wrote in a very tough moment of my life. I was waiting for my contract to go through, and was full of uncertainty. I believed that the new job will solve all my problems, and was eager to prove myself. And so, during the dead of winter, just around Christmas, I decided to pick up writing again after not touching it for an entire year. The original ending of the fic was sad, and probably pissed my readers off, but during my winter leave from work last year I wrote a better ending.
Funny how I don't have the desire to read it again and again anymore. The new ending is what I needed, to gain closure. And now I can let it rest. With the mistakes, with the smut, with the dark themes.
Some things are not meant to be changed.)

doravg

When you decide to give yourself a rest day, so you can finish reading that smutty book about the two cursed men, who can never be together because one of them is a priest.
But you still hope they get it on!
(I can already hear as the Devil writes my name in his book for people bound for his plane of existence. But I regret nothing! BL Witch and proud!)

HungrySheep

I like yuri
When you decide to work on your backlog but you can write literally anything except your backlog chapters.

Jaymi

Gamer / Astronaut / Idol / Author / Vampire
chatgpt looks at it objectively: are there mistakes in grammar/spelling? Is the tense consistent? It doesn't really care about the content of your story. Even if ur chapter is objectively perfect, it could still be boring no cap fr :blob_ghost::blob_nom::sweating_profusely:

doravg

When you have gotten a following on AO3, and now you boost not one, but 10 readers!
:er_what_s::er_what_s::er_what_s:
I hope I am getting better with each story, and gain more readers. Fingers crossed!

doravg

When it is raining, and it will rain on the weekend as well, after which you will have to wait at least 2 days for the soil to dry so that you won't slip in the mud and break a leg just because of some grapes.
Binge writing 5 days straight! Yay! (dances the macarena slowly, but with a smile)

doravg

When you really want to binge write, feel that little shake that you feel when you have a binge writing day for a new project, but then your brain rolls up a magazine, and hits you over the head with it, saying:
Do you want to binge write? Quit waking up at 4 a.m.! Have fun with the headache!
Darn it, brain, why do you do me like that?
I'd drink coffee, but I honestly don't feel like upsetting my insides again. My maximum is one latte (one quarter coffee, the rest milk) per day. More, and I run to the toilet so fast, that I wonder if I shouldn't have started drinking coffee in high school, so I can better grades in PE. Come what may.

doravg

When your books are being read, but you can't feel the dopamine hit because you are on sleep medication, which blocks your dopamine. It is like living in a gray world. The worst part? I still get up at the ass crack of dawn.
And you can never be taken off the meds because then you won't sleep at all, and have another nervous breakdown.
On the bright side, at least I don't get injections every month anymore. Those worsened my eyesight to the point where I need glasses. Not that anyone believes me they are to blame, though. One morning I saw just fine, went to the hospital to get my injection, and then bam... can't see a thing, if it is not in front of my nose.
Take care to be calm, folks. Once you lose the grip on your emotions, the damage can last for life.

doravg

When you have been giving your readers more breathing room, and you see that they are binging your other stories as well, and not just rushing to try to read all the daily chapters you put out like they used to!
I think I have 20 readers to my name now. :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie:
Next goal: 25 readers!

doravg

When your latest project is being read, and you just know you are going to have a good day! So, you wish everyone else here also a good day!

doravg

When your first reader hasn't abandoned you, even after you have cooled up the novel down when it comes to smut.
And I... I... I... will always love you....
I was beginning to worry he had dropped the book, but no, he still reads. :geek:
Today was a good day!

doravg

When someone is binging your story, and you have to restrain yourself not to give him all the other chapters at once.
Much discipline, much joy.

doravg

When you have been getting fewer and fewer views on your German stories since the Oktoberfest started.
Beer and women in short dresses might have won their spot in the sun now, but my readers will be back!
Even if I have to crank up the smut!
:sweating_profusely: :sweating_profusely: :sweating_profusely: 🌈🌈🌈:blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie:

doravg

When you are not satisfied with the speaking practice you did get in, since it was just 30 minutes, and it doesn't look as if you are going to get another, so you bribe your favorite kitten with leftover chicken from yesterday, and then make him pay for it by listening to your mangled German, as you describe pictures while petting it.
My cats deserve all the Whiskas I can get them. All hail the best listeners there are!