Which one, Artists?

Alseki.

Laurant Writing Romans.
Don't question.

I don't know how to put them in spoilers like others.

Oof technology can be difficult.

Anyway, first impression which one?

Attachments

• Stardust Cover_1.jpeg
    Stardust Cover_1.jpeg
    5.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Stardust Cover_2.png
    Stardust Cover_2.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 52
D

Deleted member 54065

Don't question.

I don't know how to put them in spoilers like others.

Oof technology can be difficult.

Anyway, first impression which one?
I'd say, I'd prefer the left one.

Though, you have a larger file for this? It's kinda blurry. You can make it smaller thru the Signature, anyway, or...just like me, my images are hidden in the 'Spoiler' button in my signature.

It does have some symbolic significance to it.

Though I was unsure whether it would grasp the attention of usual passerby or not.
The crayon design's kinda off though, even if it has symbolic significance to the story. It gives a random passerby the idea that your work straddles in the realm of 'not-so-serious' or 'satire' stories. I suggest, if it's not what you mean, maybe you can try to 'morph' the crayon designs to 'real' versions to subtly tell the readers that they have to watch out for those 'crayon' designs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alseki.

Laurant Writing Romans.
I'd say, I'd prefer the left one.

Though, you have a larger file for this? It's kinda blurry. You can make it smaller thru the Signature, anyway, or...just like me, my images are hidden in the 'Spoiler' button in my signature.

The crayon design's kinda off though, even if it has symbolic significance to the story. It gives a random passerby the idea that your work straddles in the realm of 'not-so-serious' or 'satire' stories. I suggest, if it's not what you mean, maybe you can try to 'morph' the crayon designs to 'real' versions to subtly tell the readers that they have to watch out for those 'crayon' designs.
The crayon style was chosen specifically. It's like Madoka Magica, to briefly sum up my reasoning.

You are an art God, oh holy one impart further wisdom upon me. How should I improve this, suggest to me.

Glorious_Milfhunter

Huh? Who are you?
The crayon style was chosen specifically. It's like Madoka Magica, to briefly sum up my reasoning.

You are an art God, oh holy one impart further wisdom upon me. How should I improve this, suggest to me.
Make the crayon art more muted so it doesnt take the focus away from the character.

D

Deleted member 54065

You are an art God, oh holy one impart further wisdom upon me.
No ples, I'm just a peasant who happens to know how to doodle.

How should I improve this, suggest to me.
I suggest you upload a large file, then resize it in the Signature for a better 'look'.

If you can give me a larger version of the file, I can help you make a banner for your work. Also, give me your specs, so I can 'customize' it to your taste. :blob_aww:

Alseki.

Laurant Writing Romans.
No ples, I'm just a peasant who happens to know how to doodle.

I suggest you upload a large file, then resize it in the Signature for a better 'look'.

If you can give me a larger version of the file, I can help you make a banner for your work. Also, give me your specs, so I can 'customize' it to your taste. :blob_aww:
That is humble of you. Though your stuff most certainly isn't just doodle.

I am not sure if I follow, what do you mean by larger file size? Due you want me to realize it to fit my signature or something? Forgive this Amish for misunderstanding.

I want a stark contrast between the bright nursery colours and dark unsettling tone of the story, to subvert expectations so to speak. Therefore, I wish to create a cover which will subtly hint ‘dark' while keeping the lady in red at focus.

D

Deleted member 54065

That is humble of you. Though your stuff most certainly isn't just doodle.
Thanks! :love: :blob_aww: :blobreading:

I am not sure if I follow, what do you mean by larger file size? Due you want me to realize it to fit my signature or something? Forgive this Amish for misunderstanding.
Well, your image is small, judging from the looks, which is blurry. Prolly the size of the file is around 1mb and below. What I mean is, an image is better when it is large, then you make it smaller. If it is small then you made it bigger, the tendency is it will pixelate, or it'll be blurry. So going back to my recommendation, if you can upload a bigger file for that then make it smaller, I'm sure it'll look better.

I want a stark contrast between the bright nursery colours and dark unsettling tone of the story, to subvert expectations so to speak. Therefore, I wish to create a cover which will subtly hint ‘dark' while keeping the lady in red at focus.
Ayt. I can help you with that, if you have the 'large' file for your image?

Alseki.

Laurant Writing Romans.
Thanks! :love: :blob_aww: :blobreading:

Well, your image is small, judging from the looks, which is blurry. Prolly the size of the file is around 1mb and below. What I mean is, an image is better when it is large, then you make it smaller. If it is small then you made it bigger, the tendency is it will pixelate, or it'll be blurry. So going back to my recommendation, if you can upload a bigger file for that then make it smaller, I'm sure it'll look better.

Ayt. I can help you with that, if you have the 'large' file for your image?
Thanks a lot, these are the original highest quality files I have. Is it possible to improve their quality?

Never mind, just learned you can improve image quality. Here is a better one:

The third one, my posts were merged. Just like this one will be.

Attachments

• Stardust_Original. .jpg
    Stardust_Original. .jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Stardust Original cut large.jpg
    Stardust Original cut large.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Stardust Original cut large (1).png
    Stardust Original cut large (1).png
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 54065

Thanks a lot, these are the original highest quality files I have. Is it possible to improve their quality?
Hmm...I think not. The biggest among them is 12.7 kb...which means it's not actually that big.

However, since it's banner, I guess we can do a workaround? You have your 'crayon' designs?

And what is the title of your work?

@Alseki. Ah, the third image is better.

Give me your crayon designs and the title. I'll make you a quick banner for SH.

Alseki.

Laurant Writing Romans.
Hmm...I think not. The biggest among them is 12.7 kb...which means it's not actually that big.

However, since it's banner, I guess we can do a workaround? You have your 'crayon' designs?

And what is the title of your work?
I just made them clearer:

The name of the title is “The Light of Stardust."

I can add my crayons over the image later.

Attachments

• Stardust Original cut large (1).png
    Stardust Original cut large (1).png
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Stardust_Original. .png
    Stardust_Original. .png
    705.3 KB · Views: 22

Alseki.

Laurant Writing Romans.
If you got a tagline for your story, it's even better.
I actually don't have one... At least in English.
If you got a tagline for your story, it's even better.

You sure you don't want it put alongside the title and effects? It might be difficult if you add them later, though.
Alright, I will very quickly make the crayon high quality one. Any suggestion on where should I put what?

There is supposed to be a headless silhouette of a man with a white shirt (not sure how to incorporate it with white background), a (perhaps few) stars in blue giving of yellow light, and a red road leading to a Stardust castle (I couldn't draw a castle).

D

Deleted member 54065

There is supposed to be a headless silhouette of a man with a white shirt (not sure how to incorporate it with white background), a (perhaps few) stars in blue giving of yellow light, and a red road leading to a Stardust castle (I couldn't draw a castle).
This is the crayon design?