Which pov is better first person pov or Third person Pov

Notadate

For smut
personally, i like to READ first pov
(but also HARDER to write so cant blame authors for this choice)
----
Also easy comparison by comparing pixiv smut novels,
showing from the 3rd pov (outsider)
compared to a good chinese ero-novel (on po18) where its First POV
1st
My dick is’a throbbing
-
3rd
His dick was throbbing like hump back whales cardiovascular system on five hundred pounds of heroin.

The power flowing through the man as of this moment matched GOD HIMSELF!

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
1st
My dick is’a throbbing
-
3rd
His dick was throbbing like hump back whales cardiovascular system on five hundred pounds of heroin.

The power flowing through the man as of this moment matched GOD HIMSELF!
This chick begs your pardon? What's wrong with your 3rd person example?

FebyA

I like writing & reading 1st person POV stories a lot more, regardless of genre. But I agree that 3rd person POV is generally easier to write.

Which one is better?
1st person POV won by a landslide.

AuthorSME

Neither is better. I think 1st person is more difficult to write well, but they are both equally valid ways to share a narrative.

But generally, I think people should Master Close 3rd before attempting First. It's easier and good practice for limiting a POV.

Reading is one of the best ways to improve your own writing. So if that works for you, awesome, but probably not the best advice for new writers.
That is why I prefaced it. I'm not recommending people not read; I'm telling them I just don't read, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Sure, I have over 9,000 readers across my series on SH, much less RR or Patreon, but my style of doing things is very different from that of many authors. I just don't have time. It seems to work great for me, though, as you can see: https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/6893/authorsme/

greyliliy

That is why I prefaced it. I'm not recommending people not read; I'm telling them I just don't read, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Sure, I have over 9,000 readers across my series on SH, much less RR or Patreon, but my style of doing things is very different from that of many authors. I just don't have time. It seems to work great for me, though, as you can see: https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/6893/authorsme/
It helps you've written over 6 million words. Being that prolific is certainly another way to get better at the craft. So nice work! XD