Resolved Why avast warn me against Scribblehub?

Kaoniwyth

I got weird message from Avast :
"cdn.scribblehub.com/stats/st_rg.php?postId=702984&sid=658552&t=0" was filter by "URL:Scam"
REF : 68546d54710b/2024-02-04T17:45:51.452Z

WHY? What happen in the last update: did you get hack, a weird bug, on purpose?

It's happen every chapter i read, old or new chapters.

All in PJ (in french).

Attachments

• AvastAgaintScribblehub.png
    AvastAgaintScribblehub.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 39

Tony

Staff member
I got weird message from Avast :
"cdn.scribblehub.com/stats/st_rg.php?postId=702984&sid=658552&t=0" was filter by "URL:Scam"
REF : 68546d54710b/2024-02-04T17:45:51.452Z

WHY? What happen in the last update: did you get hack, a weird bug, on purpose?

It's happen every chapter i read, old or new chapters.

All in PJ (in french).

Thanks for reporting it!

I've opened up a false positive ticket with Avast. Hopefully they will resolve it soon. I'll let you know once they fix it.

Tony

Staff member
This is the reply I got back from Avast:

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this false positive.

We have now cleared its reputation in our database based on the findings and removed the detection. This change may take up to 24 hours to take full effect. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused.

Mortrexo

Another antivirus message from a different source. It has popped four times already, so I thought of informing you, hahaha.

1707232784232.png

Magic_

1707240352924.png

same. someone should really deal with this. It's super annoying.

1707240440869.png

Mortrexo

Thanks. I've opened another false report with Avast. Not sure why we're getting flagged.

Previous report which got resolved: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/why-avast-warn-me-against-scribblehub.16981/
Yeah, it's strange. I don't know what's happening, but there are increasingly more and more alerts. Three of them jumped as I entered the page, like consecutively. If I didn't know what Scribblehub was, I would've thought I just entered a sketchy scam site, hahaha. I think you might want to look deeper into this.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, it's strange. I don't know what's happening, but there are increasingly more and more alerts. Three of them jumped as I entered the page, like consecutively. If I didn't know what Scribblehub was, I would've thought I just entered a sketchy scam site, hahaha. I think you might want to look deeper into this.

I'll look into it but the issue has been resolved for now. I got a reply back from Avast saying everything should be resolved.

Kaoniwyth

No alert today. Bug resolved : Yes.
Who at avast do not like novel? Witch one of you can answer this question?

Gelcube

Weeelll, I'm getting the same message from AVG. I know Avast bought AVG, but I would have thought the two would share resources, since they seem to share the same codebase. Or at least the same UI developers.
1707403327082.png

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Weeelll, I'm getting the same message from AVG. I know Avast bought AVG, but I would have thought the two would share resources, since they seem to share the same codebase. Or at least the same UI developers.
Of course not. That would be efficient.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
I still get false reports from Avast on every single page I browse except for the home page.

Whether it's looking at the dashboard or read a chapter, it just pops out a warning
avast.png

Gelcube

I did a little testing. I get the same error from any Chromium-based browser (tested Chrome, Edge, and Brave). But I DO NOT get the error when using Firefox. So it looks like the way Chromium is handling the page is tripping Avast/AVG.

Tony

Staff member
I opened up another Avast false positive report but if you would like to do the same, please do so via https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php#pc

Maybe if more people report it as a false positive, they would stop randomly flagging the site. It only takes about 30 seconds to fill out the form. Just enter your email, description, select "website" option and enter the url.

Muramasa

Just saw Avast flagging scribblehub myself. Made a false positive report.