Why do I get stuck? When I reach the 50K+ words.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
Yep, you read it right. Every time I reach these numbers I just lose my steam. Any advice from anyone outthere. How to keep the steam going. I wanna somehow finish a novel. Do you have any magic? I need a dumbledore.:blob_pat_sad:

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Honestly? I have no idea. I just keep slamming my keyboard. But I do take tons of notes about shit that will happen in the future of my novels so when I finish writing some part, I just glance over them and either choose something out of them to write about next or come up with another, fresh idea for an arc.

I guess having those small points helps me in some way.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
Create an ending so great that you want to reach it.
I'll try this. Sounds interesting.

Honestly? I have no idea. I just keep slamming my keyboard. But I do take tons of notes about shit that will happen in the future of my novels so when I finish writing some part, I just glance over them and either choose something out of them to write about next or come up with another, fresh idea for an arc.

I guess having those small points helps me in some way.
I'll try to take notes as well. This sounds interesting!

Stratothrax

Planning it to be like a novel with an ending can work. However, I find if it's longer than a small novel, 90,000 words, I tend to lose steam.

The two things I try to avoid if I'm writing something lengthy is Over-Worldbuilding and Over-Planning.

Too much worldbuilding because it's easy to get trapped in endless minutiae and spend hours and days thinking of stuff that isn't useful to my actual writing and end up with no creative fuel left over for the actual story.

And over-planning because planning out every little granular bit of the story can lead to a feeling of writing by rote which for me isn't as enjoyable as writing and being creative at the same time, having to think things up on the fly.

These are both kinda counter-intuitive to writing but if you have problems with staying motivated and excited to write I'd say they are helpful, they have been for me anyway.

YeetusFeetus

I’ve never had that type of problem, the only problem I’ve ever had while writing was the motivation. What I could recommend you to do is make a really great plot and try to reach it. Can’t help you much more than this, wish you luck! And if you think you’re going too fast, you can just add more storylines. This is just my opinion, do what you think is best.

Kuropon

Well, I created a patreon after about 100k, probably would have given up if not for it. Motivated me enough to keep on writing.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I'm really looking forward to some of the future events of my story and some of the extras, so I get motivated to write every time I start thinking about them. I'm not quite at 50k yet, but I'm almost there.