Why do you like Jujutsu Kaisen?

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I'm sorry, but I have to say that there are too many comparisons, or statements that are borderline comparison.
Alright.
Here is my non-comparison version.

The shading is downright artistic.
The abstractions and color palettes chosen are genius.
The clothes are relatively realistic while being easily differentiable.
Everything involving the villains still holds if I remove comparison stuff, they just are well-written, fleshed out characters that can act goofy, have vendettas, their own philosophies that are distinct from each other, their evil deeds are showed not told, and their plans actually succeed.
There is a level of palpable sadism from the author with many events.
Characters know how to fight and when to retreat.
Doesn’t have problems such as supporting perversion.
No whiny characters
Few to no plotholes.
A magical, yet realistic, portrayal of magic.
Government structure and the higher-ups don’t suck in terms of what it would actually look like.
~13 shonen watched

Last edited:

SailusGebel

Bleach is still a shonen while the last season are rated 17+
We do not talk about Bleach here. But serious answer would be, BRUH! As brutal as the war was, it's not comparable to Tokyo Ghoul. Characters slice in two are not comparable to eating intestines.
Alright.
Here is my non-comparison version.

The shading is downright artistic.
The abstractions and color palettes chosen are genius.
The clothes are relatively realistic while being easily differentiable.
Everything involving the villains still holds if I remove comparison stuff, they just are well-written, fleshed out characters that can act goofy, have vendettas, their own philosophies that are distinct from each other, their evil deeds are showed not told, and their plans actually succeed.
There is a level of palpable sadism from the author with many events.
Characters know how to fight and when to retreat.
Doesn’t have problems such as supporting perversion.
No whiny characters
Few to no plotholes.
A magical, yet realistic, portrayal of magic.
Government structure and the higher-ups don’t suck in terms of what it would actually look like.
~12 shonen watched
Thank you.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
We do not talk about Bleach here. But serious answer would be, BRUH! As brutal as the war was, it's not comparable to Tokyo Ghoul. Characters slice in two are not comparable to eating intestines.
Maybe, after reading Berserk, there not much who shock me when it come to gore.
Ghoul is not a shounen, it is a seinen. One Piece is a shounen, and the consequences there are real.
Ok let's said some anime shonen with War arc with loss:
HunterXHunter
My Hero Academia
Akame Ga Kill
Naruto (R.I.P Neji)
Fate/Stay Night
FMA (R.I.P Hughes)
Vinland Saga

@TheMonotonePuppet In almost all of them the Villain are not flat character too.

Last edited:

Ran-Ron

Ashen-haired waifu enthusiast
Shibuya Arc
Jogo clapping 3 sorcerers
Gege's never-ending hatred for Gojo--

Indicterra

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed 🎶
Same I don't get the hype around it, it's a very repetitive, bland and every likeable intresting character die the moment you take intrest in them

2wordsperminute

I like the power system. If you dropped it 31 chapters in, then you haven't seen the more interesting powers. Also the art and the fights are good, and sometimes that's enough for me.

SailusGebel

Sorry for not clarifying. Do you have a tiktok? It's a trend when the manga is on break they make a memes/funny vids abt jjk.
No, I do not, and I don't use it. Is it fair to say the reason why you like it is because of the community and memes?

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
It kinda felt lifeless for the few chapters I read. Sure, it looked good, but it didn't really click with me. It was more of "MC is different, HIS superpower starts as evil!1!" in Superschool. It even had that stereotypical 2 guys and 1 girl starting team with cookie-cutter personalities almost every shounen seems to have nowadays... Everything just screamed generic at me.

Doesn't help if you One Piece me and tell me "It gets good after chapter 750, everything else is just the prologue", tho. If the first volume doesn't catch me there's a high chance everything else won't.

2wordsperminute

Doesn't help if you One Piece me and tell me "It gets good after chapter 750, everything else is just the prologue", tho. If the first volume doesn't catch me there's a high chance everything else won't.
As a One Piece fan, I am legally obligated to say that it starts off good and usually only gets better (there are only a couple exceptions, like 2 arcs that feel like filler).

BearlyAlive

As a One Piece fan, I am legally obligated to say that it starts off good and usually only gets better (there are only a couple exceptions, like 2 arcs that feel like filler).
Sorry, it's just the longest-running non-episodic manga with very vocal fanbase I know about

SailusGebel

I don't.

I mean, I haven't read it far, even though many are recommending it to me. I don't know, but for some reason, I dropped it at the end of Chapter 1.
It kinda felt lifeless for the few chapters I read. Sure, it looked good, but it didn't really click with me. It was more of "MC is different, HIS superpower starts as evil!1!" in Superschool. It even had that stereotypical 2 guys and 1 girl starting team with cookie-cutter personalities almost every shounen seems to have nowadays... Everything just screamed generic at me.

Guys, I appreciate your opinions, but the thread is called why you love it.

Tsuru

Robot
Tsuru :

Feels here... | Anime / Manga | Know Your Meme

BearlyAlive

Guys, I appreciate your opinions, but the thread is called why you love it.
Aktschually! The thread is called "Why do you like", not "Why do you love"—big difference.

Maybe I'm just hoping people prove me wrong.