Why do you read?

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
I'll be honest, I have read exactly 1 short story in the past year. Someone reading my story asked if I would read their story because they valued my opinion. That's it.

I used to read a lot. The issue is that I'm somewhat autistic, and very rarely enjoy reading or watching something I've already seen, and I've consumed so much media that almost all of it feels too tropey for me to enjoy as much anymore. I still catch a few shows here or there though, but it's almost always background noise.

Before I was writing, I'd spend hours combing through series until I found one that I'd binge read. Now, I don't have time to waste hours looking for new series to read, so I just don't. It doesn't help that I don't enjoy either fanfic, smut, or cultivation. Oh, and I'm a natural contrarian, so if someone recommends me something, I won't read it for years if at all.

In other words, I read for new experiences.

WeissBlatt

I am become hiatus
I need to keep my mind busy or else I start thinking loads of bullshit.

QuercusMalus

A bad apple...
I don't. I just look at the little black and white photos scattered all over my bound bundles of paper or covering my phone and tablet screen.