Why do you read?

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I like getting lost in other worlds. I read many different things, but I will share a bit of cringe with the class. One of the first series I remember enjoying a lot was Warrior Cats, and I can still remember much of the plot and characters.
You must also be eating textbooks and manuals to fully digest their knowledge.
@Paul_Tromba

Sp4de

I like getting lost in other worlds. I read many different things, but I will share a bit of cringe with the class. One of the first series I remember enjoying a lot was Warrior Cats, and I can still remember much of the plot and characters.
Warrior Cats was my shit back in middle school. I just loved cats so I found that book and the rest was history.

Kureous

Seeking the answers to all questions
I read to self-insert myself into characters I could never be...

BlackKnightX

I was obsessed with manga and comics when I was young but only started reading novels a few years ago. I was just starting to seriously practice English back then. My listening and speaking skills were quite decent after about three months of constant exposure, so the next step is naturally reading.

I started with fan translated light/web novels posted online (Slime Tensei, High School DxD, and Isekai Smartphone). I'd just finished these anime adaptations, so I naturally moved on to the source materials for the continuations.

I think we all know the quality of these translations, so it's no surprise my grammar was a complete shit back then, though my vocabs did expand by leaps and bounds.

This coupled with the fact that I'd seen Kazami Yuuji from the Fruit of Grisaia read books and thought it looked cool, so I gave it a shot without much thoughts.

The best decision of my life.

Books, no matter what kinds, expand your world and let you experience things you have never or will ever be able to experience. They're portals to whole new worlds, literally.