Will they only start to review your new novel after you publish your first chapter?

JollyStorm

its been a day since I made my new novel and I just published my new chap a few moments ago, and its still not showing/approved

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
If you uploaded the novel without posting a chapter, I’m certain the timer only starts after the first chapter drops.

Hans.Trondheim

Hans off, please!
With the volumes of new novels churned out everyday, there's a high risk of your work not appearing in the New Stories gallery for days (mine got approved after three days), not to mention it would get buried in the sea of new works (again, like mine).

Lloyd

Funny Guy :)
You have to post a chapter, or there is nothing to review.

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
And, as I learned a couple months ago, not only do you have to have the first chapter written and saved, but you have to actively set the first chapter to 'go live' on SH to put your work in the 'new works queue', not leave it waiting for a scheduled release. So there's no way on SH to have a new work go live at a predetermined time.

(Notably: that's a feature I'd like to see changed/added, but not sure the logistics of doing so.)