world building !

jokei

having trouble with how to approach wordbuilding and need suggestions

vzymmer

Also having trouble with that but maybe you should just focus on mc's interaction with the world so you won't info dump on readers.
Start with history of mc and where he/she lives and then travel and meet new people who know the world better.

jokei

@vzymmer its another world story and I have a lot of things in mind but dint know how to give them to the reader in a satisfying way

vzymmer

@vzymmer its another world story and I have a lot of things in mind but dint know how to give them to the reader in a satisfying way
The same concept still applies.
Giving MC brief character background and have someone explain to MC about the world and its people after summoning is a clichè of hero summonings and isekai.

Maple_Mrch

For me, firstly the main idea. Then, I create plot points (important and major plot) from the start of the story until the end. After that, I imagine the world (not fully). Then, involved characters for each plot. Lastly, the story to connect them all and complete the world (I'm still stuck here :blob_sweat:).

Like putting a puzzle, but some plot may change when you write the story.

https://www.worldanvil.com/

that website will help u a lot

Is this site free?
edited* sorry, I thought the site is for creating a world map.

Last edited:

PandaSempai

I think you should note down the ideas you have in mind? You could also read some stories that actually have world building in it in order to get some inspiration. However, I strongly suggest to not do this if you think that you are easily influenced. You'll certainly encounter some troubles if you were to read another author's story. Something about getting their writing format and habit?

On the other hand, you could also refer to some DnD or any other RPG games for that. However, you should also be careful about the info dumps. Adding too much might just bore the hell out of your readers, Lol.

PandaSempai

It kind
For me, firstly the main idea. Then, I create plot points (important and major plot) from the start of the story until the end. After that, I imagine the world (not fully). Then, involved characters for each plot. Lastly, the story to connect them all and complete the world (I'm still stuck here :blob_sweat:).

Like putting a puzzle, but some plot may change when you write the story.

Is this site free?
Not exactly. You have to pay some kind of amount to go premium.

PandaSempai

I thought it's free, but it seems there's no map maker.
It's for the premium members. In my opinion, the site is definitely a great one if you want to write a full blown world and organize the data about it.

Maple_Mrch

It's for the premium members. In my opinion, the site is definitely a great one if you want to write a full blown world and organize the data about it.
I've tried it, but it makes me confused :blob_sweat: . For me, it's easier to organize data (i.e character, country and its city, etc) in sheets (ms.excel) and chart or graph app for the plots.

PandaSempai

I've tried it, but it makes me confused :blob_sweat: . For me, it's easier to organize data (i.e character, country and its city, etc) in sheets (ms.excel) and chart or graph app for the plots.
That so? I don't particularly do that. I'm too lazy to arrange such things. Hahahs