Would anyone be interested in a story based on Hypixel's Bedwars?

Claryie

On the note of team information, the chat. In the novel, it doesn't exist. Only a kill and bed destruction log exists, while speaking is similar to a proximity voice chat mod.
Yeah, that would be better

Claryie

Absolutely great idea! I was simply thinking of allowing any and all items to deflect fireballs, but making so that only swords with a specific upgrade can deflect them is an idea I'll have to implement. Can't decide if it should be an in-match upgrade or a perma upgrade.

Though, fireballs will be used a bit later in the story.

Yup, you're absolutely right. Increasing the tension by a sword breaking mid-fight and having no choice, but to use a tool is a great idea.

After reading this paragraph, I've decided that the hit point system (hearts, in Minecraft) is not a hassle I'm interested in dealing with.
The players will slowly heal through their injuries (just like the small bit of consistent regeneration in bedwars). For example - a light bruise will be healed in a few seconds, similar to losing half a heart. But worse injuries, like losing a limb, is only healed after a few minutes, similar to losing most of your hearts in bedwars.
Gapples tremendously increase the natural healing speed for for 10 seconds, while giving you a temporary 'ethereal limb replacement'.

Yes, they do, but I'm thinking of locking them behind a permanent upgrade.

I'm thinking of making the block placing, as your idea states, a product of a sci-fi implant. Either in their brain or only in their eyes.
On command, you can view your inventory, where you can equip items. But due to the instantly available and non-movement-restricting nature of it, there would be no need for a hotbar in the traditional sense.

At all times, just like in Hypixel's bedwars, you are able to see the sidebar, where the other team's information is.

On the note of team information, the chat. In the novel, it doesn't exist. Only a kill and bed destruction log exists, while speaking is similar to a proximity voice chat mod.
I see.
By the way, you mentioned something about a 'gulag' system, what is it exactly?

sanitylimited

what your character needs is motivation, and the perfect motivation is an item that increases farm drops by 5%. by adding in the farm you can add downtime content between the fights and greatly reduce the repitition.

Aurimasp

By the way, you mentioned something about a 'gulag' system, what is it exactly?
For context, in the story, it's going to be: 'final killed players are permanently dead, and only the victor goes back to the lobby.' But that causes a serious problem - a rather quick depletion of players.
To combat this, there'll be a single lifeline for these 'final killed' players - a gulag.
(Disclaimer: due to the singular victor, one person cannot participate in the gulag, so the first player to be 'final killed' is permanently dead no matter what.)
The second player to be 'final killed' is put into a 3 island map, where he waits for his opponent, the third 'final killed' player of the match.
There, both players are given a sword and some blocks, without any item shops or upgrade shops to help them. The only thing capable of helping them is: their skill, their luck and their permanent upgrades.
The loser is dead, while the victor is able to go back to the lobby, but this gives them a loss in their stats.

These replies kinda spoil the story, so I try not to include too much information here.

As the title says, I'm wondering if a story based on Hypixel's Bedwars* would do any good on Scribble Hub? :blob_hmm_two:

*Bedwars is a Minecraft minigame originally made by the largest server, Hypixel. You can queue into a game of solos, duos, trios, and squads. The entire goal of the minigame is to break all of the enemy team's beds and eliminate them for good.

I have already thought of ways to integrate real-life aspects into a blocky world. Though the end goal for the main character would be to escape these endless matches, so I decided to add Gods and Demons to the story. It'll be Gods and Demons sponsoring the players with coins and hopefully in the end, using one of the Gods, the main character leaves this world and returns to Earth.
The coins are useful because the in-story server will be insanely pay-to-win with damage-increasing upgrades and such.

Those interested in such a story, please leave some opinions and maybe even ideas to add! :blob_reach:
I think it would be awesome if done right. like instead of a game lets say its a giant endless competition managed by cruel beings, or each teams made at random for a whole village were the MC grey up with and have feelings with them just to be forced to fight against each other in a ranking bedwards competition for ever, people can really die but the only way to survive is to fight, betrayal, and reach for first place and gain access to one wish being granted. And if you don't fight you cant buy food, and necessities outside the competition.

Koiren

when I hear about hypixel bedwars, I think about Technoblade, so if someone was to write another story about him, I'd most probably read it