Would you rather make 10K or 3K?

Would you rather?

• Total voters

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Would you rather write 1k words every day for a story you hate and make 10k (USD) a month, or write 1k words for a story you love every day and make 3k (USD) a month?

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
That sort of money from writing such an amount would give me much more freedom, which means I can just start writing a second story I genuinely love at the same time

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
For 3k. I want to be published, but not for the money. I don't want to be a career author, just publish one story and be happy with it.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
3k is just fine for me. In fact, that's almost what I'm getting now so add that to the rest of my work day and I call that a win-win.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Then it is what it is! I mean, I would still live much better with the money and just offset the loathing from writing by enjoying myself with other things
My question for anyone who would willingly write something they hate for money: why don't you write what is popular currently with LitRPG and do precisely that? You will make money 100 percent, especially if you include smut.

SailusGebel

My question for anyone who would willingly write something they hate for money: why don't you write what is popular currently with LitRPG and do precisely that? You will make money 100 percent, especially if you include smut.
I mean, offer me a contract, and I would at least think about it. Writing something you don't like with a hope\goal of earning 10k and being certain you will have 10k is not the same.

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
Personally, I like LitRPGs. Chances of making good money aren’t a hundred percent, though. Writing something you hate already puts you at a disadvantage mentally and creatively imo, which affects quality. Not exactly worth it compared to the contract idea you presented.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Personally, I like LitRPGs. Chances of making good money aren’t a hundred percent, though. Writing something you hate already puts you at a disadvantage mentally and creatively imo, which affects quality.
That is true. You can always emulate the people who made it until you do it. The example I would point out is MelasD and their story Salvos, but they didn't even include smut from my understanding.

Though, doing all of that work without enjoying it would be like climbing a mountain when you hate climbing. Maybe not that extreme.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
Would you rather write 1k words every day for a story you hate and make 10k (USD) a month, or write 1k words for a story you love every day and make 3k (USD) a month?
1K for the fanfiction I love.

Glory for fanfictions! :blob_paint::blob_paint::blob_paint:

Either