Writing Prompt Would you Read it? (Novel Idea) [The Frog Sage.]

Osamaru

Had an Idea for a novel (Mostly to try and get over the Writier's block from my OTHER novel Bwhahahaha!)
wanted to get people's ideas of the Concept before i even thought about going ahead with it.

Title: The Frog Sage.
Description: In a World of Sword, Magic and Technology, Mages form Familiar pacts with creatures of every shape and size. The Familiars gain Magic, Intelligence and Lifespan, tethering their lives together with their Master's. The Mage gains a loyal servant and a focus through which they channel far greater power than they would be able to alone. Thus Mages and Familiars have co-existed side by side for thousands of years.

Redrick is one such Familiar, but he is no wise and graceful Owl, no sly and secretive Cat, no mighty and fierce Dragon. He's a Frog. You're simple, everyday Frog that one might find in any pond, till he was chosen, quite strangely, to be his first Master's Familiar.
Through the power of "Inheritance", where one Master Mage passes down their Familiar to their Apprentice at the end of their life; this simply, everyday Frog which should have lived no more than a years, has seen 3,000 winters come and go.

Now Redrick's (one of the Oldest and most powerful of Familiars) current Master is nearing the end of his Life, and soon it will be time for him to be passed on. Soon it will be time for a new Legend, a new Frog Sage to be born.

> no more than a years
> You're simple, everyday Frog

hmm

---
I'm not sure I quite understand the concept