Writing Sexy Female Characters

Pixxie

Excuse me, how do I write or even introduce sexy female characters without appearing as r/menwritingwomen type of writing.

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
If you use multiple POVs, try to describe her from the perspective of a female character. Show the envy or admiration she elicits in a person of the same gender.

Nexus_English

Also, I think softer, more refined descriptors would help. Something you wouldn't hear from a typical thirsty guy who thinks with his cough.

Pixxie

If you use multiple POVs, try to describe her from the perspective of a female character. Show the envy or admiration she elicits in a person of the same gender.
What if it's a female main character describing her looks in a reflection? And after she described her reflection, could you discuss about her hobbies or likes?
Also, I think softer, more refined descriptors would help. Something you wouldn't hear from a typical thirsty guy who thinks with his cough.
For example?

DannyTheDaikon

| Azure tamer | Harbinger of chaos and soup
I'd say, stop thinking about her as "sexy female character" and just make her a character. When writing another dude I highly doubt that you're trying to write them in a way that's gonna make the girls wet from just a description, so don't try to give dudes boner from just from that either. Also everyone has a different definition of "sexy" so you can write in a way that would allow people to imagine what they like.

That is unless you're writing smut, I guess...

DemonOppai

Yandere’s Lover Corpse Collector
You can just introduce her causally. Like you guys met each other at a glory hole area while you’re getting… *ahem* wet.

RobBanks

Step 1: Stop seeking advice about women on Reddit, where 99% of the populace are either basement dwellers who have never met a single woman in their life (aside from their moms), or jealous, sexually frustrated landwhale women who are no example for anyone, because the only advice you can ever get from them would be "make them ugly as shit just like me, or else I can't self-insert as them and you're a terrorist".

Step 2: Try to make them either as cool or as funny (or both) as you can. No one will complain about a character's sexiness if they're entertained by more than just that.

Step 3, AND MOST IMPORTANT ONE: Might sound counterintuitive, but it should never be about her. IT'S ABOUT THE POV CHARACTER LOOKING AT HER. Think about it for a bit. Why is she sexy? It's not like God or the universe decided she was universally sexy, was it? What measure is there for 'sexy'? There is none! There are many women who peers of mine said were complete bombshells that to me just looked totally average, and vice-versa. Everyone has their one type.
Thusly, have the POV character describe her as sexy because THEY think she's sexy and are attracted to her, but maybe another character might not think so and say the exact opposite right after that.
IF SHE IS the POV character herself, then it's even easier, because inevitably some of the chars she meets will think x of her, and others will think y, just like in real life.
Human interaction 101, baby.
Hope it helped a bit. :)

marvel_away

You can read other novels and see how they describe a sexy female character. I'm also writing a novel where the female mc is sexy but it is hard.

Pixxie

You can read other novels and see how they describe a sexy female character. I'm also writing a novel where the female mc is sexy but it is hard.
What novels do you recommend? I'm writing it from a first person view.

marvel_away

What novels do you recommend? I'm writing it from a first person view.
You can read the popular novels under smut genre to find out what clicks on as sexy for readers. But I don't know what kind of sexy are you searching for. The novel that I am writing about will fall under the genre Adult and not smut because I'm writing mature kind of sexy. Do you want naive sexy or mature sexy.

You can take my comment as grain of salt.

Pixxie

You can read the popular novels under smut genre to find out what clicks on as sexy for readers. But I don't know what kind of sexy are you searching for. The novel that I am writing about will fall under the genre Adult and not smut because I'm writing mature kind of sexy. Do you want naive sexy or mature sexy.

You can take my comment as grain of salt.
Okay, got it. Thanks.

Daitengu

Describe her normally. It's the various character's reactions to her that should show her sexiness. I say this as a person who can't really imagine what people are describing anyway and really won't get the picture.

Take 'chocolate brown skin' as an example a favorite descriptor for some reason. Is that dark chocolate, curry chocolate, milk chocolate? we talkin a deep asian tan, Indian, or African brown? There's differences, and blanket descriptors don't really help.

Or "strawberry blonde" The heck kinda color is that? Strawberries are red, and blonde is golden yellow. pink? defuq? I literally googled it, an got like 50 different shades of blonde to redhead.

WaterFish

A girl trying to be sexy is different from a man ogling on his own. Natural beauty is hard to hide and seductiveness can be created through what they wear. The gestures made that can be interpreted as ‘hitting on’ someone or simply elegant.

And despite my first sentence, guys can find girls attractive by their own standards too. Like if you really REALLY liked girls with glasses you’d have long paragraphs about the rims and lens or whatever.

You simply need to think of where is the angle she would portrayed that way. On purpose or natural.

As well as to who her being sexy matters to.

Because if it matters to no one, then it’s better not added.

Roseofblades

Does the character know she's sexy and does she use that to her advantage?
If so, make her describe the qualities that she finds sexy about herself and the things she sees other people noticing about her. But also note there is a HUGE difference between those two things.

OR:

Is the character attractive but either too self-conscious too realize it or doesn't care about (or notice) those kinds of things?
If this is the case... then the last thing you want is to see her as "a sexy female character." If she's literally just describing herself just to give the readers a clear picture of what she looks like, you absolutely do not want to bring up attractiveness unless its something SHE finds attractive about herself. Like... for myself.. I have much larger breasts and I like their full shape and the way they look on my body so I would talk about them in a way that emphasizes their beauty. On the other hand, I hate the fact that I'm over 6 feet tall, so I wouldn't describe myself as "having legs for days" or "a tall amazonian woman." I would be more clinical about it: I come from a tall family, my birth father was 6'8, my mother was 6'0. My brother who is 5 years younger than me is almost 6'10. So the fact I'm 6'2 should come as no surprise.

Context is everything. Sorry if I rambled. Once I get started it's hard to stop.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
You can try to write about her alluring eyes and gaze, her tempting body or that with every move she make she gather the gaze of everyone in the room without even trying.

Sexy is different than beauty, it can be a single scene that happen when your character are dressed in some way or it can be part of her character and if that the case you have to write it why she sexy, is it because of her dressing style or her alluring demeanor.

Succubiome

If you're writing first person viewpoint... why does the viewpoint character find her sexy, assuming they do? Focus on those things, and the emotions/internal narration of the character.

Is the viewpoint character shy and submissive and into boobs? Maybe trying very hard not to stare at her breasts and getting flustered when she's the slightest bit dominant.

Do they like her long hair and lithe body and loyalty to her family, but are only attracted to her aesthetically? Write that.

Etc. There's ten thousand reasons to be attracted to someone, in FPV, we're stuck in their head, so it should be about what they find attractive, not what's theoretically attractive to someone. There should be more to the character beyond what they find attractive, but it's not weird to have them focusing on what they find attractive to some extent.

Regardless, if you want to add some complexity about it, maybe contrast with the occasional aspect they don't find appealing, or them glossing over aspects they don't find appealing about her, or them finding something appealing about her that most people wouldn't find appealing.

If it's instead (or in addition) more about other people find her sexy, it's tangentially about what they'd find sexy -- maybe they don't have the same tastes as viewpoint character... but it's more about how they react to her/interact with her, since that's something that the first person viewpoint can see.