Writing Sexy Female Characters

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
The focus on the POV stuff is a bit of the actual practical advice I'd say you should care about. There's a lot I can say, though I'm going to avoid opinionated lectures and focus purely on what you're asking for help with.

First, I discuss a bit of this in the entertainment emotions video I made on lust. See the section I wrote on lust.

For actual prose, it's a matter of what you choose to focus on. One technique I can recommend using is a tilt-up shot. This is a cinematographic term where the camera starts pointing at a lower part of a subject (like the feet) and then slowly moves upward to reveal more of the subject, usually ending at the face. The reason this works is because it builds anticipation. Plus there's focus to it as well. It highlights specific parts in a gradual reveal and helps create a sense of intimacy.

We can mimic this in prose by the order in which we describe a character. To show this in action, with my attempt at this in The Confessions of Cassidy Cain...

Gerard's breath stopped. His mouth moistened as he gawked.

She sported clear, creamy skin and a moderate-sized bosom. Long, silky red hair, styled with blunt bangs and sidelocks that cascaded down her shoulders, framed her diamond-shaped face. Her longbow lips were painted a delicate shade of pink that complemented her piercing jade eyes. Her slender nose – long, straight, elegant – perfected the allure of her angelic face.

Like her ally, she boasted a predominantly black suit. However, hers featured a choker necklace, a jacket that harmonized with her crisp white blouse and red tie, a skirt that reached her knees, stockings, and heels. The ensemble melded with her lithe figure like two interlocking puzzle pieces.

So, in this case, the reader first gets the guy's reaction to make clear what he's feeling without me naming it. Then with the gradual reveal -- starting with the eyes at the chest before the description flows in a sequence that guides the reader's imagination from one feature to another, much like how a camera would move upwards. I use this to focus on different aspects of Cassidy’s appearance in a structured manner. She's also the first character I do this with (and I didn't do it with her earlier when in disguise), so the contrast helps subtly highlight that she demands more attention.

Regardless, that's what I feel like saying on the topic. I hope this provides some actual, actionable advice.

Otherwise, just don't care about what that group says. Focus on figuring out how to appeal to yourself first and then go from there.