Recommendations Xianxia like " What Do You Call a Benevolent and Reasonable Person in Xianxia? An Impossibility!"

Knight8

I am looking for stories where the MC tries to mantain his moral compass in a xianxia world like the story in the title

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I am looking for stories where the MC tries to mantain his moral compass in a xianxia world like the story in the title
There... aren't terribly many, surprisingly. A lot of stories either keep a strong moral compass, don't really have one, or are meant to depict a devolution of a moral compass. Here's one though!

Vnator

Can u explain what it means to have a strong moral compass?
I'd say it's mainly not being an asshole. Or rather, having a moral code (likely based on a modern one insofar as do not kill, steal, or hurt others unless absolutely required for self-defense or defense of others, and only so far as is necessary) and sticking to it.

Knight8

Can u explain what it means to have a strong moral compass?
Someone from our time that despite transported to a xianxia world doesn't become a mass murderer psychopat and still retain human decensy,of course i understand that in a world like that you have to kill to survive but most story the transmigated person act exactly like any person in that world without any semblance of moralite like a normal person

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
I'd say it's mainly not being an asshole. Or rather, having a moral code (likely based on a modern one insofar as do not kill, steal, or hurt others unless absolutely required for self-defense or defense of others, and only so far as is necessary) and sticking to it.

Someone from our time that despite transported to a xianxia world doesn't become a mass murderer psychopat and still retain human decensy,of course i understand that in a world like that you have to kill to survive but most story the transmigated person act exactly like any person in that world without any semblance of moralite like a normal person

Then, would a person who isn't from a modern time get transported to a xianxia world and retained her original character as in being a decent (just not having modern perspective) would that still be considered a strong moral compass?

Erylm

Fighting to be Kind in a Cultivation World (on RR), written by an author fed up with exactly those murder psycho xianxias.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Fighting to be Kind in a Cultivation World (on RR), written by an author fed up with exactly those murder psycho xianxias.
but without nurse psychos, who will kill the bad guys?

Vnator

Then, would a person who isn't from a modern time get transported to a xianxia world and retained her original character as in being a decent (just not having modern perspective) would that still be considered a strong moral compass?
That would still be considered having a moral compass.

A character doesn't have to be from modern times to have a modern perspective on morals. Have them raised by kind and humble farmers, or someone religious (Buddhism, Hinduism, or any relevant spirituality to the setting) That teaches them about being good and not hurting others unless absolutely necessary for self or others' defense. That the creed most martial arts operate under anyway.